Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: which one?
C5 corvette (higher mileage)
39.22%
02-04 WRX (non STi)
11.76%
350z
15.69%
srt-4
13.73%
Mini Cooper S
9.80%
s2000
19.61%
rsx-s
13.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Buying a New car! Need Opinions.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: Buying a New car! Need Opinions.

Originally Posted by 240sxftw
Subie- id go with a 04 wagon sti, youll regret not getting it. awd, semi decent gas milage, ok handling, and its a wagon. 4 doors=more whores
There are no STI wagons in the US.

Originally Posted by B20B-T
Anyone actally ever drive a mini s? are they really worth it? My main drawback is they aren't all that quick
They are a blast to drive. You should go out and drive every car that you have on this poll. The only one I wouldn't own is the 350z. I can't stand the interior -- especially the door panels.

Originally Posted by _crs
RSX Type S
Probably what I'd chose in your position. You could get an '05 for the money you're looking to spend.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Id say a C5 Vette. Everytime I sit in one I feel at home. I have no idea why.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

People recommending cars, on that list, OVER a Corvette make me laugh.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Registered Member

|2ocky has disabled reputation

4 cylinders are gay, and the 350 isn't worth it. Drive all of them and you won't have to ask yourself if you should pick anything istead of a corvette.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:22 AM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by B20B-T
Anyone actally ever drive a mini s? are they really worth it? My main drawback is they aren't all that quick
My friend has one, and I've driven it. It's not a power house, but it feels faster than it is. The inside is nice, but set up awkwardly. Bad things are there is no spare tire, which means they have run flats and from what i've heard they way heavier than normal tires since it's thicker, and it's really expensive to have worked on. An oil change is like 168 bucks or something outrageous, and it's all because of that stupid light and the mileage you have left on that oil change.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:46 AM
NUMBER4

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

Originally Posted by XCELR8
well, if there was a C6 on that list, i would have voted for that. i honesltly cant stand the C5's unless its a Z06. the interiors are cheap looking and the exterior just seems dated.

i voted for the s2k, because, i love em'! on my second one, and i'm sure i'll be sticking with this car for a long time.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by XCELR8
He'll only be able to afford a car with a million miles. Most of the cars in his price range will have been daily drivers in sub par condition. If he said he was looking to spend $25k, I would have been all over recommending a C5.
Originally Posted by |2ocky
4 cylinders are gay, and the 350 isn't worth it. Drive all of them and you won't have to ask yourself if you should pick anything istead of a corvette.
Yeah, 4 cylinder engines suck.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

C5 corvette. period.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

LOL @ blah
Old 07-16-2007, 09:14 AM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Ricer Rob has disabled reputation

My dad is selling me his C5 real cheap, $14000. I think that's what i'm going for. It only had 2 old man owners and and has reciepts for all maintenance.

Quick Reply: Buying a New car! Need Opinions.