Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Buy a Ford, but it won't be 100% yours!!..Way to go Ford!

Old 01-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Buy a Ford, but it won't be 100% yours!!..Way to go Ford!

SO far this is the most rational thing I've heard in that thread, though I've only browsed the last few pages. Her club went through the proper channels, did everything legally, and it sounds like everything came out roses, officially sanctioned by Ford and everything.

Originally Posted by Brenda (BMC Forum)
I don't come to this forum often since I spend so much time on my own club website but I will say, I had made some items on cafepress as well, for my club. The items were flagged. Once I sent cafepress my approval from Ford Motor Company, that my club logo was in fact approved by them and I was legally allowed to us it, they released the hold on our products. We started the club in July 2007 and just to cover all legal aspects, I sent in our approval for use of the logo. They replied back with official Ford graphics. I have now emailed my contact there just to make sure we are ok and if he could elaborate on what is going on. When I hear something, I will definitely post up.

Hang in there guys!
Some of the angry replies in the rest of that thread are funny though..
Old 01-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Banned

Jag Type F is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
SO far this is the most rational thing I've heard in that thread, though I've only browsed the last few pages. Her club went through the proper channels, did everything legally, and it sounds like everything came out roses, officially sanctioned by Ford and everything.

Some of the angry replies in the rest of that thread are funny though..
Yeah, I half expect those morons to go out to the driveway and smash their cars with a golf club over it.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

So what happens say if I got Ritz to take pictures of my car and I paid him for it? Could Pontiac theoretically sue Ritz for making a profit on my car by taking pictures of it? Or would it be something different since I am actually paying for a service?
Old 01-13-2008, 01:36 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by JDM74
So what happens say if I got Ritz to take pictures of my car and I paid him for it? Could Pontiac theoretically sue Ritz for making a profit on my car by taking pictures of it? Or would it be something different since I am actually paying for a service?
No...but if you or Ritz sold the pictures to a 3rd party then it would be a violation
Old 01-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Typical Apple clown

HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC

I just read this article on techdirt and I figured I would find a discussion on here. If you bought your car then you own it. It's yours to do whatever you want with it. What's wrong with making a living selling pictures of your car?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Pew pew pew pew

02GT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HyperVTEC
I just read this article on techdirt and I figured I would find a discussion on here. If you bought your car then you own it. It's yours to do whatever you want with it. What's wrong with making a living selling pictures of your car?
Did you even read this thread?? It explains everything....
Old 01-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Typical Apple clown

HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC HyperVTEC

Originally Posted by 02GT
Did you even read this thread?? It explains everything....
I read the article on techdirt and got the jist of it and yes I read all the responses here but some I don't agree with which is why I posed my question.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

Originally Posted by HyperVTEC
Nothing as long as you don't use trademarked emblems in your pictures that you are profiting from.