Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Boostfed Racing/RLZ Engineering GT4088R powered LS/VTEC Dyno #s

Old 12-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed
Default Boostfed Racing/RLZ Engineering GT4088R powered LS/VTEC Dyno #s

Well I am just checking in here since it has been awhile, this is a thread I posted a couple of weeks ago on Honda Tech.

Well it has been a rough 5 days!!!! We started to finish up my car last Wednesday with the help of CompressionFed John Ast, Matt Jones and my buddy Jim Hentz. We finished up ic piping and downpipe , axles etc etc , just soo much left undone with the car just sitting for a few months. We stayed up very late that night then on Thanksgiving late night we finished up all the mechanical stuff. Drive from Chesapeake VA to Concord NC home of RLZ Engineering, keep in mind I had been up since 11:30 AM on Thanksgiving, get to NC at about 2:30 PM on Friday (had to drop my daughter off to visit her Grandparents in Winston-Salem NC). We(Jason "JDogg" Wadsworth, Alex Cardinell aka wannabsi, Howard"Airshifter" Shoaf, Brad Z aka MAX_CFM) start finishing up the wiring for the COP, AEM CDI etc etc etc. We get the car on the dyno Friday night and to our SURPRISE after getting 3 pulls on the dyno it made 589whp at only 8300 rpm then next run 610whp on ONLY 18 psi spiking to 21psi!!!! We were are stoked and very very very surprised. We ran into some issues with missing and also we did not have any boost controller either (JDogg forgot the BOOST SOLENOID to use AEM's boost controller function). We do an oil change to a thicker w3eight oil and lost 20whp actually We had been running on only a 3" downpipe also, we decided to test out the 5" downpipe that Matt from One Fab made and to our surprise we made full boost much sooner(from 6500rpm to 5900 rpm). We gained our 20whp back from the 5" downpipe and spool was great, we only ran up to maybe 9K rpm also so we decided to rev up to 10k+ BUT then next pass 4th gear blew( it looked like a Trailer Park Hooker aka NO TEETH). So we leave it at the shop and decide to fix 4th gear the next day. Boostfed finally gets 6 hours sleep after being up a total of 41 hours straight!!!!! We get to the shop in the morning dropped the tranny and fix 4th gear. We dyno again now with boost control wired in, we get the car to make 711whp and 463 ft-lb with 37psi, kinda low for that much boost considering what we made on only 21psi. Also we could not get the A/F lower in high boost, it would get to 10.8:1 A/F and no matter how much we leaned it out NOTHING seemed to work! We decided airflow was being restricted, so we point the finger aty the 2.5" IC piping and small 65mm TB. We get her done and leave teh shop late to go home and get a whole 2 and half hours sleep! We had a Race Event at Rockingham Dragway on Sunday which was rained out. We decided to make 3" ic piping and also install a 70mm TB, we make some pulls and can tell we were making some progress even though we had misfiring issues. We make 715whp once and 470 ft-lb torque with a few 711whp pulls as well, the boost now is 35psi SPIKE but levelling to only 32psi now. We blew a coolant hose off the water neck so we realized we either popped a headgasket or it has a sunk sleeve, I will pull the head this week and check her out. I would LOVE TO THANK everyone who helped me ABOVE AND BEYOND the call of duty John Ast aka Compressionfed, Matt Jones, Jim Hentz, Jason "JDogg" Wadsworth, Alex Cardinell aka wannabsi and Brad Z aka MAX_CFM and Howard "Airshifter" Shoaf from RLZ Engineering! These guys spent countless hours tuning, welding and just helping with the car! I am completely indebted to you guys. I will scan teh dyno chart later and post it, actually I do not have any of the 711whp charts SINCE they were not saved but have I think a 690whp one to scan. Set up below as well
GE Sleeved B18C block 83mm with LS Crank
RLZ Engineering Ported B16A head (BEST out there, on my old B16A set up made 90whp increase on low boost and 60whp on high boost)
Arias 83mm 9.2:1 Pistons coated by Tom Cote aka TBone
Arias Upgraded Wrist pins
Manley/Full Race LS Rods
ACL Bearings
Cometic MLS Headgasket
REV Valvesprings and retainers
Ferrea Valves
Stock 96-98 Spec ITR cams
Edelbrock Victor X Intake Manifold
70mm RPM Services Throttle Body and 65mm Edelbrock TB (both tested)
Precision 1600cc Injectors
One Fab Top mount manifold and 5" dp(needs to be reworked to fit )
Garrett GT4088R .95 A/R turbine
Precision 750hp IC
Tial 50mm BOV
Turbosmart 48mm Wastegate
Competion Clutch Twin Disc clutch
AEM EMS 1040U
AEM 5 bar map sensor
AEM C2DI ignition
CBR 954rr Coil on Plug set up (need a Hall effect sensor to clear misfires we think)
Aeromotive Eliminator Fuel Pump -10 feed line
Aeromotive FPR
C&R half size Civic Radiator

We are gonna change the headgasket and inspect everything and get some FINE TUNING done with some changes. Car should be ready for the beginning of next season to get some track #s unless we get her to some of teh shitty tracks still open

If this was tooooo much to read then #s were 715whp and 470 ft-lb torque 32psi

Also we are gonna do a Hall Effect Sensor set up also I think IF we keep the AEM EMS

EDIT:The dyno was out of paper and the 711whp runs were not saved!!!!!! I got a few discs whcih I had to convert and the only one that works is my 25psi run on the dyno here it is

EDIT: I would also like to thank Millenium Autosports out of Norfolk VA, I have known these guys since 1997 whne they worked for another shop. Grey, Brian, Sean and Matt have always helped me out , partially sponsored me also. They let me use their facility to finish up piping and get my car ready, I am also always INDEBTED to these guys!
Old 12-15-2005, 10:25 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng
Default Re: Boostfed Racing/RLZ Engineering GT4088R powered LS/VTEC Dyno #s

*whew* that was hard to read.

Summary: Made a ton of (horse) power. Terry broke it again.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Originally Posted by eng
*whew* that was hard to read.

Summary: Made a ton of (horse) power. Terry broke it again.

Popped a headgasket NO BIGGIE! We threw her together on a whim to make a race down in NC that got rained out. I have been really lazy lately. The car should've been done like 4 months ago! We also found exhaust/boost leaks at the turbo to manifold where a bolt was completely gone and one backing out. Explains why we dynoed the firsat night and spool was QUICK then as you can see by the dyno chart it is really laggy! I am just waiting for AEM to send my EMS box back because it has a fried coil driver, it was bad when we first put it in so we used my tuner's box instead.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Pimpin is Easy

TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT

that car sure likes to give you alot of issues. Get it to hold together and make some passes on the track so all your hard work will finally pay off. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:48 AM
skinny white boy

DJWURM is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn Terry thats nice!

anyone notice the name on the graph? Breastfeed hehehe!
Old 12-16-2005, 07:08 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

nice! congratulations

did you get any pics of it on the dyno?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:14 AM
skinny white boy

DJWURM is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes pics please, last time I saw the car was awhile ago.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:27 AM
Kimchee Wiggler

There is video and pics BUT all the knuckleheads can't seem to get them to me!
Old 12-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Congrats Terry, glad to see the hard work paying off. I bet it's a blast to drive.

- Jay
Old 12-16-2005, 08:00 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by DJWURM
Damn Terry thats nice!

anyone notice the name on the graph? Breastfeed hehehe!
hahaha..

Good god thats alot of power...to bad you had to leave the b16 block

Quick Reply: Boostfed Racing/RLZ Engineering GT4088R powered LS/VTEC Dyno #s