Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Boosted LS

Old 12-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spike101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boosted LS

My friend just baught a Ls swap (B18B1) for his 94 Civic coupe project. It has perviouslly been boosted. He is planning on boosting it. I was wondering what turbo set-ups people have been running on this motor? Has anyone ever heard any feedback on the Peakboost turbo kit? It seems interesting but never heard anything about it. Also, would it be helpful to take the time and do LS/Vtec/Turbo or just LS/Turbo? what kind of numbers have people been putting down with these also? Thanks
Old 12-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation
Default Re: Boosted LS

people have put down good numbers with ls turbo setups....
Old 12-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Banned

people as in anyone you know? or seen what kit they had or any number exact?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

numerous people on this forum have or have had boosted ls's. i don't have exact numbers. i'm not an expert, i was just affirming that it will make good power.

if i'm not mistaken, MORE IMPATIENT on here had a drag 3 kit (i think) and he went something like mid or low 13's in his ls teg.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Banned

dang thats nice
Old 12-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Banned

more people have LS/turbos then this
Old 12-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

i have ls turbo..i personally think that its a good way to start getting into forced induction...some people stay with it (like i am),and build on it..and some people switch out for a Vtec head...heres the pro's and cons for :

LS turbo
B16 turbo
Ls vtec turbo

LS turbo - pros - you gain lots of torque,low end,and mid range power,and with the lower revs increasing torque,it allows you to do a lot more Street racing,and 2nd and 3rd gear rolls.the lower compression also allows you to boost more psi,without hurting the motor itself,as long as it is done reasonably,or tuned properly.

cons - your horsepower numbers,and top end doesnt pull as hard,being that the head has flow restrictions,and the motor can only handle 6800 revs,before the cams die out,and you lose power (depending on what ls motor you have)

B16 turbo - pros - you have great top end power,your car will pull hard up top,and with the flow capabilities of your vtec head,and a good turbo,with an effiency range,built for top end racing,it makes a good combination,for walk downs,and high trap speeds.

cons - you have no torque...hondas dont have any torque,so having a bottom end that puts out a whopping 111 ft lbs,isnt going to help you get off the line any faster,or blow through your gears..you also will not see a lot of good torque numbers from the dyno,and your hp/tq ratio will be way off.( example : 276whp 180tq)..displacement is very important in the world of racing,and even more important when you're trying to build a 4 cylinder capable of running 12's or lower.

LS vtec turbo - pros - you get the best of both worlds...a great flowing head,and a bigger bottom end,that will yield more torque. You basically have a somewhat balanced motor for boost..nothin else really to explain.

cons - doing the "conversion"
Old 12-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Banned

well the B16 is my car. thats out of the question. this is only an B18B1 in a 94 coupe. i told you about it
Old 12-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

i have a 2000 ls motor in my 97 civic coupe with a drag gen 3 turbo kit. was a pretty quick car and won lots of races. it was untuned so it evenutally gave out but it was fun while it lasted and regret getting rid of it everyday
Old 12-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Banned

what kind of cars were you beating?

Quick Reply: Boosted LS