Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Body shop taking too long...it will be 2 years this month.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:29 AM
is passed out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supremellama supremellama supremellama supremellama supremellama supremellama supremellama supremellama
Default Body shop taking too long...it will be 2 years this month.

I rear ended someone on my way home from work (I wish never got in that accident) about 2 years ago 11/09.
I took it to a body shop, Auto Elite Collision Center in Virginia Beach for repairs. They gave me an estimate of ~$5000 (fix front, front passenger fender, and paint) and told me 2 weeks. I was like ok, do it. So I gave them a 50% deposit, the other half would be paid after the job was done.

Well, I called them once a week after the 2 weeks and then once a month to check on the status of my car. Then around last year some hooligans stole (burglary, it was on camera at night in the parking lot) the rims and other stuff off my car (my car was the primary target from what they told me). I just saw my car one day on scissor jacks and some other ghetto jack stands.

I had to go on deployment from january to july 2011, got an email on my ship's email from them asking for another grand for the full paint job, but I didn't want them charging my card while I was overseas. So I told them no, until I got back.

Visited Racewerks last month (they're freaking awesome btw) and they did all the repairs (radiator, pulleys, belts, etc that were damaged in the collision) within a couple of days. Now they're just waiting for the body shop to take the car back for paint.

Has anyone had to wait that long for repairs on their car?

I'm going to visit them this afternoon and ask "what's up?" again for this month. I got the money to pay them...I'm just at a loss here. I really miss my e30. Only owned it for a week before I crashed it, talk about bad luck. (I crashed because I dozed off on the wheel, I had ridiculous hours at that time, not as ridiculous these days)

Cheers.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: Body shop taking too long...it will be 2 years this month.

Is this a serious question?

2 years to do $5k worth of work...?
Old 11-09-2011, 10:46 AM
typesb4thinking

nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3

am i the only one who waits for work to be done before i pay someone? am i doing it wrong?
Old 11-09-2011, 10:48 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

You car has been parted out on bimmerforums for like a year OLOLOLOLOLOL.

BTW bullshit on your car getting robbed at a bodyshop. I'll bet everthing taken off your car is in that shop somewhere if it isnt on another car already
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by nosediv3
am i the only one who waits for work to be done before i pay someone? am i doing it wrong?
many shops will require a downpayment to cover supplies for large jobs.
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Originally Posted by nosediv3
Way wrong bro. It would appear that OP has more money than sense.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
typesb4thinking

nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3

i mean ive had to pay lots of moneys for car repairs, never had to pay up front...doesnt them having your car count as collateral? oh wells, silly question i guess.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Auto Elite is the only shop around here I use for paint/body and have recommended them to many friends. Never an issue. Personally, they repaired my fiance's X-terra after her big wreck and did a full repaint on my old Z06.

Just last week a buddy took his new to him 350Z to them after his roomate hit the car and texted me saying, "It's never looked better."

But... every shop has their screw ups. It just seems out of character for Brian and his employees to do something like this.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Grip Syndicate

mportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud of

^^ This. Being doing business with them for about 10yrs now. I've sent many people out there with never one having a problem. Everything from custom work to fender benders. Not sure what the deal is here...
Old 11-09-2011, 11:51 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

You should wreck another car and take it to them so they have to rush to get the first one done so they can make money and take a deposit on the second one.

Quick Reply: Body shop taking too long...it will be 2 years this month.