Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

BMW are doing interesting things these days...

Old 07-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
terrible advice has disabled reputation
Default Re: BMW are doing interesting things these days...

Originally Posted by Jay
No love for a twin supercharged 5.5L V10 that puts a crap-ton of power down to all four wheels?

Oh... that's right, because it's in a SUV.
If I could have my veritable pick of the litter, it would be full of insane cars...but the dynamic just isn't the same in an SUV. I'd like to wring out an X5M just to see what it's like, but I can't WAIT for the F10 M5.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:18 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by blackout
sweet, i see you like to rack up postcount without actually contributing anything to the conversation. please, elaborate on your plethora of facepalms. apparently you don't agree with the part in bold you quoted?

can you explain why you couldn't connect with what i was saying there?
Sure, the "plethora of facepalms" is because I took your brilliant suggestion about 6 months before you typed it, I don't disagree with it, I am the embodiment of it. I have an E36. I'm complaining because BMWs aren't anymore what the E36 is, and that's driver focused with just enough luxury. I don't even like that my car has Traction Control, but I think the E36 was just the right balance of tech and soul.

EDIT: btw Jay I have love for the X5, the original, but we don't need 3 BMW SUVs, it's ridiculous. If anything I'm disappointed that BMW took the SUV route instead of expanding the wagon range. I say keep the X5 and X5M and ditch the other SUVs.

Last edited by Trunk Impaired; 07-30-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:06 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
Sure, the "plethora of facepalms" is because I took your brilliant suggestion about 6 months before you typed it, I don't disagree with it, I am the embodiment of it. I have an E36. I'm complaining because BMWs aren't anymore what the E36 is, and that's driver focused with just enough luxury. I don't even like that my car has Traction Control, but I think the E36 was just the right balance of tech and soul.
that explains the situation a lot better than . you can't leave that stuff up to interpretation, or people like me might rage on it.

and my point was that bmw, just like any other manufacturer, has evolved. for people who want bare bones driving experiences, they are best off buying an older car and restoring/building it to where they want it, or for people with money there are cars like this-

to name a few.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
I say keep the X5 and X5M and ditch the other SUVs.
1000% agreed. Woul like to see more wagons as well.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jay
1000% agreed. Woul like to see more wagons as well.
M5 Touring would be secks.