Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Bill Of Sale Question

Old 06-01-2011, 04:39 PM
BROSCIENCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy
Default Bill Of Sale Question

Ok, I'm going tomorrow to pick up an S2000. I'm trading my car and giving the guy cash on top as well. My question is, how does this all work (sorry for sounding like a N00B, I've never traded cars before). Usually when I buy a car I will go onto DMV and print the Bill Of Sale they have, but their Bill Of Sale states "no trade-in". Could I just write up my own bill of sale and it work the same way?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:41 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Bill Of Sale Question

Originally Posted by DwiZZy
Ok, I'm going tomorrow to pick up an S2000. I'm trading my car and giving the guy cash on top as well. My question is, how does this all work (sorry for sounding like a N00B, I've never traded cars before). Usually when I buy a car I will go onto DMV and print the Bill Of Sale they have, but their Bill Of Sale states "no trade-in". Could I just write up my own bill of sale and it work the same way?
I have traded cars like 5 or 6 times and i always write a bill of sale as if i'm selling the other guy my car and he does the same....
Old 06-01-2011, 04:47 PM
BROSCIENCE

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
I have traded cars like 5 or 6 times and i always write a bill of sale as if i'm selling the other guy my car and he does the same....
I'm confused? Isn't there a section on the back of the Title about trading?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:54 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by DwiZZy
I'm confused? Isn't there a section on the back of the Title about trading?
yeah,but DMV employees give two shits. as long as you have something saying you bought X car for X amount of money from person X and you have a title/bill of sale they just move along with their day
Old 06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

BenJaminM451 has disabled reputation

Ive never had a bill of sale when ive trade and have never even been asked for one, just had all the areas filled out on the title and a price
Old 06-01-2011, 05:44 PM
BROSCIENCE

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
yeah,but DMV employees give two shits. as long as you have something saying you bought X car for X amount of money from person X and you have a title/bill of sale they just move along with their day
Alright, thanks. Hopefully the other guy will be ok with doing this, he seems like he gets sketched out quickly.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:48 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

have him write a bill of sale for 4000...you write a bill of sale for 4000...dont worry about the cash difference...who cares...

i (your name) sell my xxxxxxxxxxxxxx vin number..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to (his name) for the sum of 4000 dollars...

there is no warranty expressed or implied...and sign and date it....

i dont care if its a 10000 car...you pay tax on whatever the bill of sale says...for both parties...so it will save both of you money at dmv
Old 06-01-2011, 05:49 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

Originally Posted by nftuatn
have him write a bill of sale for 4000...you write a bill of sale for 4000...dont worry about the cash difference...who cares...

i (your name) sell my xxxxxxxxxxxxxx vin number..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to (his name) for the sum of 4000 dollars...

i dont care if its a 10000 car...you pay tax on whatever the bill of sale says...for both parties...so it will save both of you money at dmv

lol i just sent him a Pm telling him to call me so i could explain this

Want my lexus yet? you can give me that Dully and we can trade cars
Old 06-01-2011, 05:50 PM
BROSCIENCE

Originally Posted by nftuatn

I normally will write up a false/lower payment just because it lowers the taxes, but once again, hopefully the other guy will agree to this
Old 06-01-2011, 05:52 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

if he dont hes a fool...unless he loves giving dmv money

Quick Reply: Bill Of Sale Question