Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Bad Gas

Old 04-21-2008, 09:52 PM
FUCK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude
Default Bad Gas

Yeah.. hah hah.. sounds funny, but no, seriously, bad gas. Do I just siphon it out, or is there any other recommended method? Someone at work said there's gas cleaner you can buy, like octane booster? I dun know, any advice?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:22 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Bad Gas

How do you know it's bad?

At worst, siphon it out.

At best, mix it with good gas and press on
Old 04-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Yeah... how did you determine it was bad? Are you sure it's not the car?

If I was in your situation, and it was absolutely bad gas, I'd siphon it out and start over. Gas treatments are a fucking waste of money.

For future reference, this should be used for prolonged gasoline storage:
Old 04-22-2008, 09:17 AM
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

I run a courier service, and I just got done with a run to NC, got back to the beach, filled up at 7-11 at Kempsville and whatever Ferrel turns into at that point. Got about two blocks away. Hit the gas, at first it felt like my footwork was off and the acceleration just got really shitty. Then you could hear some pretty bad news coming from the front end. I made a post about it on the Miata forums, and that's where the pointed me towards "bad gas" after I eliminated the spark plugs, wires, and changing the valve cover gasket (when I took out four I saw a drip of oil on it). But yeah, after all that was ruled out, they said it was more than likely bad gas. So it looks like I'm going to buy a siphon kit.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 AM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JamesPrelude
I run a courier service, and I just got done with a run to NC, got back to the beach, filled up at 7-11 at Kempsville and whatever Ferrel turns into at that point.
Return the gas ... lol
Old 04-22-2008, 01:24 PM
FUCK!

Originally Posted by professorman
Return the gas ... lol

I know they wouldn't take it, but hah... that'd be almost worth it to roll up with the reciept and one of those red gas containers..
"Ummmm, I think this is bad? Can I get a refund?"
Old 04-22-2008, 01:26 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

when I have bad gas:
Old 04-22-2008, 01:38 PM
FUCK!

Dude, I put those tablets in my car NOTHING happened... wtf!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:42 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

A Zooms station in Williamsburg mixed diesel into their premium. A Bentley, several Benz's, other high end cars all pumped it, had their fuel system get screwed, and had it paid for by Zooms.

A brand new 2006(at the time) S2000 caught fire from it.

Bad gas sucks.
I heard that advanced has pumps you can use.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:41 PM
FUCK!

I'll try there after I go to Auto-zone they're usually where I go when I need something for free. I remember this happened to a customers car at pepboys once. Some idiot filled our desil fuel container with regular fuel, then put it into a car. Never found the culprit. But thanks for the head up. Shit's pissing me off... maybe We'll make another super soaker flame thrower with the bad gas....

Quick Reply: Bad Gas