Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

AWD Car choice

Old 04-24-2009, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of
Default Re: AWD Car choice

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
Subarus suck, that is all.

The STi isn't a bad car, but make sure you look into everything that goes along with it. I've spent $3k in maintainence this year alone. Gas isn't cheap and neither is insurance, so just make sure you do plenty of research.
3k on what?

my wrx is far from that much in maintenance costs
Old 04-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Gallardo

/thread
Old 04-24-2009, 10:31 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Mazdaspeed 6. I have seen some good things from the ones that I have seen... not to mention... you dont expect anything from that car. I think it looks good.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:39 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

fer cereal...

ms6 isn't that bad of a car. very roomy, good power, and dirt cheap. i saw several listed under invoice when i was shopping for my wrx.

but then again, you're probably young and stupid. so you should probably learn how to drive a car safely before you buy yourself a car that you'll end up wrecking otherwise.

refer to my first post in this thread for the best choice.

Last edited by Kim Jong Illin'; 04-24-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

Volkswagen Transporter Syncho
Old 04-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
get a rav4 or crv.
Originally Posted by boostedgsrsol
haha, the dude is leaning towarda a WRX, and your suggesting a grandmas grocery getter. wtf
i suggest you get some shut-the-fuck-up.
Listen to the man boosted or you'll be wearing red in no time.
Also KJI happens to be spot on for an AWD vehicle to take to college - those mini suvs haul alot of stuff and would be more reliable than a WRX, just not as much fun

fer cereal...

ms6 isn't that bad of a car. very roomy, good power, and dirt cheap. i saw several listed under invoice when i was shopping for my wrx.

but then again, you're probably young and stupid. so you should probably learn how to drive a car safely before you buy yourself a car that you'll end up wrecking otherwise.
so that leaves Carrera 4's out too
he might be able to find a BMW 325ix or 330ix in his price range though

Last edited by Niburu; 04-24-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:07 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by Niburu
Listen to the man boosted or you'll be wearing red in no time.
Also KJI happens to be spot on for an AWD vehicle to take to college - those mini suvs haul alot of stuff and would be more reliable than a WRX, just not as much fun

so that leaves Carrera 4's out too
he might be able to find a BMW 325ix or 330ix in his price range though
check my edit.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:10 AM
vip

Kutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud of

05 Sti.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:17 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Originally Posted by racist
3k on what?

my wrx is far from that much in maintenance costs
I had to replace my clutch and flywheel, that I let the dealer do (this is the only work on my car that I paid labor on, I've done everything else). Cost was $2100. I will admit I blew the clutch out while it still had some life left in it, but I got a little over 70k out of the stock clutch that most get 60k out of, so it probably would have went sometime this year anyway.

2 weeks ago I had to do my timing belt and water pump, so I did those as well as all the pulleys, AC belt, Alt belt, and the belt tensioner. I did all the labor myself and still spent about $600 in parts.

Also I've done my front pads and new Motul fluid, that was about $180ish.

Also replaced the thermostat, upper and lower rad hoses, and a coolant flush. That was roughly around $100 in parts.

Each oil change cost me around $46 too (Mobil 1 synthentic @ $7.99x5, Subaru filter and crush ring @ about $6)

And now I need tires ASAP. The stock RE070s would be about $700-900ish mounted and balanced and all.

That's just the stuff I've done in 2009, lol. I'm sure there will be plenty more though.

Last edited by STi_FTMFW; 04-24-2009 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: AWD Car choice