Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

auto tech schools.....Help !!!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dodgeman has disabled reputation
Default auto tech schools.....Help !!!!!

Just toured ATI with my son to check out the school. He is a H.S. grad in june and looking for a place to attend. Anyone know of any schools in N.C. that would be closer. How about any info on UTI. they have a campus about 30 miles from home. Just wondering is it a bunch of HOOPLA or is it for real. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Grippin the Grain

importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic
Default Re: auto tech schools.....Help !!!!!

I took the Associates program at ATI. It was frickin horrible. I don't reccomend anyone to go there. You do not get what you pay for and most of the students there weren't the sharpest knives in the drawer...although they think they are. The only good things I got out of ATI were my friends in the apartment complex they put me in.

My $0.02.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:06 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

TCC
Old 04-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

Finaltheorem47 Finaltheorem47 Finaltheorem47 Finaltheorem47 Finaltheorem47 Finaltheorem47 Finaltheorem47 Finaltheorem47

One of my friends went to UTI, I believe he just finished so I could ask him about it for you. I considered auto tech but decided to go to college to work for mechanical engineering instead. I feel the auto industry might be fun but after 40 years of working on other peoples cars ill be broken, abused, and beaten to death. Plus the moneys better.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by Finaltheorem47
One of my friends went to UTI, I believe he just finished so I could ask him about it for you. I considered auto tech but decided to go to college to work for mechanical engineering instead. I feel the auto industry might be fun but after 40 years of working on other peoples cars ill be broken, abused, and beaten to death. Plus the moneys better.
Agreed. He'd probably feel compelled to go back to college later in life. Just get a degree now that gives him more leverage in the future.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King

Originally Posted by dodgeman
Just toured ATI with my son to check out the school. He is a H.S. grad in june and looking for a place to attend. Anyone know of any schools in N.C. that would be closer. How about any info on UTI. they have a campus about 30 miles from home. Just wondering is it a bunch of HOOPLA or is it for real. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks
i know someone who went to UTI, he graduated last year and is now parks cars at VW
Old 04-14-2009, 05:17 PM
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

ive heard nothing but bad things about ATI, thought about going there myself.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

tail_ler is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a speaker from UTI come to my auto class last year. The place seemed pretty decent but guy worked for the school so its hard say if its actually any good
Old 04-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Grippin the Grain

importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic

I gotta admit. The rep that came to my parent's crib and talked to me.... that SOB could convince anyone to believe anything. He hyped it up sooooo much, but then after I got used to being "in the city" and I caught on to the school's bullshit, I wanted out. By the time I realized it though, it was too late. If I see that rep again though, I got something for em. Fuckin con artist.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:31 PM

01D17 01D17 01D17 01D17 01D17 01D17 01D17 01D17 01D17 01D17 01D17

had a buddy i took our high school auto tech class with went to the UTI campus in N.C. He said he loved it and learned a lot there, and within a few months of graduating they helped him find a decent job. may be worth a shot to look into

Quick Reply: auto tech schools.....Help !!!!!