Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Audi/VW owners input needed!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 07:01 AM
EMF S2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy
Default Re: Audi/VW owners input needed!!!

Originally Posted by Ez8
You don't don't have to pull the motor to replace the turbos if they fail, its just a simple matter of pulling off the front end and then knowing where to go from there. It's not that bad of a car to work on and parts can be had at a "decent" price (group buys are a wonderful thing on audizine.com lol). As far as selling it goes, if you look on audi forums 10k is almost like a base price if the s4 is "clean" and hasn't been beatin on. You can make damn good power with this car for under 5k and walk a lot of people, while still being close to what most s4 tunners would consider stock. If you do trade for it the first thing you need to buy is vag-com, it'll become your best friend and the best money you'll ever spend on that car...
Have you ever seen where the turbos are on a b5 s4? Taking the front end off certainly doesn't help you except to pull the motor out to get to them. OP, if the turbos are more than 80k old, they're bad, there's no way around it, it happens. Motor mounts and clutches tend to dook out in those cars after a while as well. We did a full stage three upgrade in a buddies 01, ko4's, rs4 clutch and mounts, upgrading intercoolers, the whole bit. It was huge fucking pain in the ass but shit that car was fast.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

h22_Lude has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jeremy
Have you ever seen where the turbos are on a b5 s4? Taking the front end off certainly doesn't help you except to pull the motor out to get to them. OP, if the turbos are more than 80k old, they're bad, there's no way around it, it happens. Motor mounts and clutches tend to dook out in those cars after a while as well. We did a full stage three upgrade in a buddies 01, ko4's, rs4 clutch and mounts, upgrading intercoolers, the whole bit. It was huge fucking pain in the ass but shit that car was fast.
how much did that overhual cost about? just a rough estimate
Old 02-25-2010, 10:15 AM
EMF S2K

jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy

Originally Posted by h22_Lude
how much did that overhual cost about? just a rough estimate
Snub mount, bi pipe, motor mounts, tranny mounts, clutch, flywheel, diverter valves, exhaust, manifolds, new ko4's from audi, intercoolers, piping...... 8500 dollars.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

h22_Lude has disabled reputation

damn, that bitch must me nice
Old 02-25-2010, 11:04 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

i'm a little curious about the bike as well.

that mileage is ridiculous... unless he has extensive maintenance records, i'd be very leery of that car, or just flat out expect to pour a ton of money in it.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Ez8
CHEERS FOR BIG REARS

Ez8 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by h22_Lude
thanks for all of the input, and yes of course I would look at it during the day. Also I was looking at the vag-com thing, from what ive gathered its just a personal diagnostic thing right? you cant upgrade and performance option can you?
you're right you cant upgrade anything with it, but it does make your life a little bit easier by not having to bring your car up to the dealer or some random shop every time you cel light comes on and trust me with that car it WILL come on.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Ez8
CHEERS FOR BIG REARS

Ez8 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jeremy
trust me I know where the turbos sit in the b5 s4's, maybe its just me but I've replaced enough turbos for these cars that after a while it became second nature for me.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:43 AM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER

Get used to seeing your cel, because there is like 2647483939 sensors in those damn cars! That is alot of miles
on such a finicky car. Like dude said, vag-com would be your best friend those cars are definetly
sexy as he'll though I loved my a4, but every part was sooo expensive.