Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ATI In Virginia Beach

Old 06-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85 zwd85
Default ATI In Virginia Beach

I was wondering if any has gone to this school for the automotive program. I want to go to schools for cars, and this is the only one around here I can find. Just want to know if its any good, and what people think or have heard about it.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:18 PM

projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det
Default Re: ATI In Virginia Beach

I actually graduated from there when it was FTI back in 91-92. It was alright.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:32 AM
Registered Member

I was still in in 1st of 2nd grade then, so I sure its changed a little, but thanks for the input.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Banned

B20vtecGen2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I go to ATI right now, Its o.k. but i wouldnt say anything great about it. I went to UTI in North Carolina for a little while and it was 5 times better, dropping out of there was one of the dumbest things i could have done. I would do alot more research on schools before going to ATI, compared to UTI, ATI is low budget and ghetto but you can still learn basic automotive fundamentals
Old 06-17-2004, 10:55 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

I heard ATI is horrible. My buddy went there for awhile -- PM litlekikr on here

Drive by there in the morning and check out the students cars..
Old 06-17-2004, 11:24 AM
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

Originally Posted by B20vtecGen2
I went to UTI in North Carolina for a little while and it was 5 times better
Only because it was clean. The instructors were horrible. They would always skip the lab lessons just because they didn't want to go into the lab, then we would be tested on it the following Friday.

Both places suck.

I'm going to Marine Mechanics Institute in Sept to work on Sterndrive Motors.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

im goin to tcc. one of my friends went to ati and we compared, and he said its pretty much the exact same thing, just 15k more than tcc. tcc is more less laid back when it comes to the automotive diagnostics programs. you learn what your supposed to learn, but you're more than likely going to learn it by reading the book, general knowledge, or asking someone...
Old 06-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Cool thanks for the info.I want to go to UTI, but I dont really want to go to philly or where ever it is. ATI is having a open house saturday I gonna go check it out, and see for my self, but thanks again for the input.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zwd85
Cool thanks for the info.I want to go to UTI, but I dont really want to go to philly or where ever it is. ATI is having a open house saturday I gonna go check it out, and see for my self, but thanks again for the input.
its in exton...30 miles west of philly. it opens in 3 weeks...which is when i start there. I went up last weekend and checked out the area...the cost of living is high but its a nice area overall.

I tried the whole community college thing for automotive tech...was such a joke. Unless your plan is to work on 80's trucks the rest of your life

I havent heard anything great about ATI, just the same old "It was alright" "Yea its ok" sort of thing. Good luck with it though
Old 06-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sprack
its in exton...30 miles west of philly. it opens in 3 weeks...which is when i start there. I went up last weekend and checked out the area...the cost of living is high but its a nice area overall.

I tried the whole community college thing for automotive tech...was such a joke. Unless your plan is to work on 80's trucks the rest of your life

I havent heard anything great about ATI, just the same old "It was alright" "Yea its ok" sort of thing. Good luck with it though
If you dont mind saying about how much are you going to have to pay before you graduate. Also if anyone knows what is the price difference between UTI and ATI.

Quick Reply: ATI In Virginia Beach