Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Apparently Hennessey is making a supercar - Venom GT... anyone hear about this?

Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Apparently Hennessey is making a supercar - Venom GT... anyone hear about this?

Just saw a link to Leftlanenews on the Corvetteforum - http://www.leftlanenews.com/hennesse...gt-future.html

Apparenlty it's using the new LS9 from the ZR1. IMO it looks like an Elise ripoff that they made bigger.

Originally Posted by Hennessy
As far as the Venom goes we make no claim of what it will run for top speed as we have not done it. Based upon our CFD numbers and power figures we estimate that 262 mph is possible. But we will not know until we begin testing top speed and that will be later this year at the earliest. The truly exciting part of the car besides its looks is its super light weight. So regardless of top speed, it's acceleration from 60 to 160 mph should be interesting with a power to weight ratio of 2.4 lbs per horsepower. Or to put it more simply, take a new ZR1, take away 1000 lbs, add more power and then put the engine in the rear with more weight over the rear tires, then give it some downforce.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:07 AM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro
Default Re: Apparently Hennessey is making a supercar - Venom GT... anyone hear about this?

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
IMO it looks like an Elise ripoff that they made bigger.
bingo
Old 02-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

ODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Apparently Hennessey is making a supercar - Venom GT... anyone hear about this?

I saw this on another forum. Looks like a neat little car. But I agree, looks like they shoved the LS9 up an elise's ass and called it a day
Old 02-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

I just read the blog comments on leftlanenes.... everyone is all over it being an Elise copy. The fact that the test car has euro plates on it, and some of the body panels look right off an Elise/Exige makes me guess that Lotus is working on the car w/ Hennessey.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by ODU_Lude
I saw this on another forum. Looks like a neat little car. But I agree, looks like they shoved the LS9 up an elise's ass and called it a day
Looks a good bit larger than a Lotus w/ F-430 tails and Enzo fenders.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:10 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

They would have to find someone dumb enough to give him money without a car in hand and I doubt that's going to happen.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Just saw a link to Leftlanenews on the Corvetteforum - http://www.leftlanenews.com/hennesse...gt-future.html

Apparenlty it's using the new LS9 from the ZR1. IMO it looks like an Elise ripoff that they made bigger.
It is.
http://jalopnik.com/5422827/hennesse...first-pictures
Old 02-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by Reloaded
They would have to find someone dumb enough to give him money without a car in hand and I doubt that's going to happen.
Actually the company is doing well from what I can tell... he's overcome his old Viper rip-off/punch customers days.... the company has packages for nearly every car out there and always does well at the super-tuner challenges. I think he got some new investors a few years back with very deep pockets.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Must be a wild ride.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Fanboi

Thanks for the link Matt... in those pics it's just a stock LS9. There's one crazy ZR1 owner who's doing a custom TT on Corvetteforum right now. He's leaving the factory blower/intercooler in palce but hogged them out so they serve as an box intake manifold so it'll looks "stock" w/ the hood closed... not sure how you can have a 1000 rwhp "sleeper" ZR1 but whatever.

I actually really like this concept.... neat idea... smart from a production POV.... take an allready developed car, make some modifications and bam... Supercar.

Quick Reply: Apparently Hennessey is making a supercar - Venom GT... anyone hear about this?