Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Anywhere I can rent a dolly from?

Old 12-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Full-time New Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of
Question Anywhere I can rent a dolly from?

So Friday I'm picking up a car I just bought, but the only problem is, its inspection stickers are way out of date and it's not registered. I've already been pulled over once just test driving it. So now the only way for me to get it home is to tow it using a dolly. I don't own one, and I'm looking to rent one for a day. It seems like all the u-Haul locations I've called aren't big enough to have dollies laying around their lot waiting to be rented, only the occasional mover that drops something off. Anyone know of a place that I can rent one from? I live in Williamsburg.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:36 AM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam
Default Re: Anywhere I can rent a dolly from?

u-haul.com
Old 12-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n

drive it home at night.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:52 AM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

Originally Posted by futrhondaownr
drive it home at night.
and dont turn on your headlights and just get some night vision goggles.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n

Originally Posted by projekt

precisely
Old 12-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Full-time New Guy

Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by projekt

Alright sounds good. I'll need to pick up a pair of those.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

QUICKVIII has disabled reputation

Call DMV. you can get whats called a transport tag for just such occations. I think the car has to be regestered to you though. Call and ask. On another note we used to have a dolly at our shop. I'm no longer there but you can call Brauning Motorsports and speak to Tu (pronounced like the #2). They might rent you one but I don't know. (804) 224-9530.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:53 AM
its not a trans am..

99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6

where in williamsburg? if your closer to Newport News, the Uhauls on Warwick by Ft Eustis have dolly's...
Old 12-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Full-time New Guy

Originally Posted by 99formulam6
where in williamsburg? if your closer to Newport News, the Uhauls on Warwick by Ft Eustis have dolly's...
I live about 15 minutes from that I believe. I think I'll give them a call. I just found out they have dollies near my dads place in Gloucester where I'll be borrowing the truck. Might go there.

The car that I'm picking up is in Smithfield, but I go through Newport News to get there. Maybe I'll check that place out. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Full-time New Guy

Originally Posted by QUICKVIII
Call DMV. you can get whats called a transport tag for just such occations. I think the car has to be regestered to you though. Call and ask. On another note we used to have a dolly at our shop. I'm no longer there but you can call Brauning Motorsports and speak to Tu (pronounced like the #2). They might rent you one but I don't know. (804) 224-9530.
Ah yeah, it's not even registered. I might have found a dolly, thanks for your help though.

Quick Reply: Anywhere I can rent a dolly from?