Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Anyone help out a Brit?

Old 07-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daimo has disabled reputation
Default Anyone help out a Brit?

Afternoon, morning or whatever it is over there. Me n the other half are big into out modified cars over here in cold old Blighty, and next year were planning a fly drive over to California for a few weeks. However, when we're over there, we want to see some "US style" cruising/stripping. Can anyone help me out with regards to some websites from around that area (pretty much anywhere over that way) so i can lookup, signup and find out some more info.

Someone linked an RSX opening a can of whoooop asss on an E46 M3 and its the first site i've found over your way hence the post.

PS, if your bored, have a ganders at my site to see how we "modify" our cars over here

Last edited by Daimo; 07-06-2004 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:28 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Anyone help out a Brit?

Are you aware that California and Virginia are some 2500 miles apart?

Also, a car in California, will most likely look completely different than a car in the East.

East and West have very, very large style differences..
Old 07-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

Im aware there a few miles apart. TBH i guess its more West coast? San Diego? etc.

Nothings been set yet, and we dont know enough about where to go etc, but we both want to make sure we see some US action while we are out there.

East n West have big style differences? Supposes thats like UK modding and Euro Style. We tend to heave the biggest sized wheels possible under the smallest arches, big mad ass bodykits etc, where-as Euro style is very smooth, tiny wheels etc.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

Originally Posted by Daimo
Im aware there a few miles apart. TBH i guess its more West coast? San Diego? etc.

Nothings been set yet, and we dont know enough about where to go etc, but we both want to make sure we see some US action while we are out there.

East n West have big style differences? Supposes thats like UK modding and Euro Style. We tend to heave the biggest sized wheels possible under the smallest arches, big mad ass bodykits etc, where-as Euro style is very smooth, tiny wheels etc.
they have ricers in the UK?
Old 07-06-2004, 10:38 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Huge differences.

Keep in mind, the most commonly modified cars in America are Japanese imports, and the fact that Cali is close to Asia, the Cali guys typically start the trends and they trickle over to the East..

The big style for the past few years has been making an import look as JDM/EDM as possible..

Are you just going on vacation or what? I'd goto Orlando FL, or Las Vegas NV. I don't really know what you'd do in Cali as a tourist.. Visit hollywood..etc..
Old 07-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

the only US action you need to see is good ol' american muscle. go catch a super chevy show, or a fun ford weekend. or find a local track and catch some pro 5.0, outlaw renegade or street boss.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:40 AM
hostgator.com

Yes, it'd be pointless to look for cars in America that aren't even American cars. You can see Hondas all over Europe.

And after looking at your gallery, I will say, our car show models look a LOT better.

Last edited by flow fx; 07-06-2004 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

I think in the states modifying is still a massive enterprise where-as over here is still frowned upon by most people. Its only started becoming bigger this last two years or so. Latest show pics are on a mates site.

http://public.fotki.com/Icy/shows/2004/max_live_2004/

I know u get a lot of Jap motos, and im not really too interested in the American muscle cars, just more interested in modified street cars. Although you lot tend to go more out, i think we seem to have more customized stuff over a much larger verity of car. It varies as you say, like your east coast n west coast, Euro style, Jap style, UK style etc.

We do have a few mental mental cars over here, although your complete show cars are out of this world. I dunno, it must be cheaper out there.

i.e, my other halfs car is very very well known throughout the UK as being a mental example of a Corsa, however, its all own personnal money which comes to about £30k (about $60,000 at current exchange i think). Thats a feck load of money for a tiny hatchback.

I've been watching "pimp my ride" on MTV, and just by that it seems u lot have endless supplies of money lol.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by flo w fx
Huge differences.

Are you just going on vacation or what? I'd goto Orlando FL, or Las Vegas NV. I don't really know what you'd do in Cali as a tourist.. Visit hollywood..etc..
Nahh, shes done that side, we wanna do the flydrive to visit that side of America.

Has anyone got any links clubs/shows over that side of the states?
Old 07-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

Originally Posted by Daimo
We do have a few mental mental cars over here, although your complete show cars are out of this world. I dunno, it must be cheaper out there.
I've been watching "pimp my ride" on MTV, and just by that it seems u lot have endless supplies of money lol
so it would seem.