Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

anyone have some advice or something for me to consider before i get out of cars?..

Old 02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
jss
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jss has disabled reputation
Question anyone have some advice or something for me to consider before i get out of cars?..

ive come across this issue/debate with myself about what to do. theres this growing part of me that wants to get out of cars as of now.. i cant make my mind up on what to do though.. i have a pretty clean civic hatch and has 172k miles but runs like a champ of course.. condition on inside is 9/10.. outside is great except for some dimple-type dents and a scuff on the bumper, completely stock with the exception of (black dr16's and about 900-1000$ in sound, and a new clutch..what ive done in the past 4 months of owning it and ive been entertaining the thoughts of an engine swap).. but its in great condition and lately ive become annoyed at how anal/meticulous i am with this car.. its like i love it and the way it looks to an unhealthy amount.. and im thinking about how unrewarding it can be to dump money in a car, and how i cant keep this thing in the perfect condition i want it in.. (does anyone else just kind of cringe when you see a scratch or something you hadnt known about before?).. well im tired of it.. and ive been having these thoughts like i want something big(ger), perhaps 4 wheel drive, probably a truck or suv thats reliable, gets me from place to place, doesnt make me want to dump my paycheck into it every other week.. something that i can really beat on and not care about the looks.. well i was wondering if anyone else agreed, disagreed, felt the same, been in my position, etc.. thanks if you read all this. let me know what you think.. thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus
Default Re: anyone have some advice or something for me to consider before i get out of cars?

cocks
Old 02-17-2010, 09:03 PM
King me, bitches.

michaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these parts
Default Re: anyone have some advice or something for me to consider before i get out of cars?

I am a diesel fan now, get a Dodge Cummins or 7.3 Powerstroke, atleast they have potential if you get bored; and you can run over top of shit.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by jss
ive come across this issue/debate with myself about what to do. theres this growing part of me that wants to get out of cars as of now.. i cant make my mind up on what to do though.. i have a pretty clean civic hatch and has 172k miles but runs like a champ of course.. condition on inside is 9/10.. outside is great except for some dimple-type dents and a scuff on the bumper, completely stock with the exception of (black dr16's and about 900-1000$ in sound, and a new clutch..what ive done in the past 4 months of owning it and ive been entertaining the thoughts of an engine swap).. but its in great condition and lately ive become annoyed at how anal/meticulous i am with this car.. its like i love it and the way it looks to an unhealthy amount.. and im thinking about how unrewarding it can be to dump money in a car, and how i cant keep this thing in the perfect condition i want it in.. (does anyone else just kind of cringe when you see a scratch or something you hadnt known about before?).. well im tired of it.. and ive been having these thoughts like i want something big(ger), perhaps 4 wheel drive, probably a truck or suv thats reliable, gets me from place to place, doesnt make me want to dump my paycheck into it every other week.. something that i can really beat on and not care about the looks.. well i was wondering if anyone else agreed, disagreed, felt the same, been in my position, etc.. thanks if you read all this. let me know what you think.. thanks!
Completely understandable.

I went from this:

To this:

And I've never looked back. It's awesome to be able to put gas in something and just go.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:17 PM
sky's the limit

snarf snarf snarf snarf snarf snarf snarf snarf snarf snarf snarf

you could always buy a dd you can just drive n not care too much about, then get a project car you can obsess over
Old 02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Yep I took a break from cars for quite awhile, was always putting money into the fuckers. Im looking at 240's again but I almost just want a nice daily I wont mod past some wheels.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Out of mind, BRB....

Drake69 has disabled reputation

I went from this....

...to this...

...to this (which I still have)...

And now to this...

Shifting to SUVs or trucks is fine. They're fun to ride in, tool around with, etc..., just as much as cars. But you will eventually return to cars after awhile. Everybody does.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Originally Posted by jss
So you have a single cam (presumably) with 172k mi and you're worried about beating on it and it's looks?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:34 AM
piss'd n miss'd

mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45 mdeserteagle45

Originally Posted by snarf
you could always buy a dd you can just drive n not care too much about, then get a project car you can obsess over
+1...That is what I have been doing for years...My NICE cars get pulled out here and there, but very seldom....Maturing/getting older is inevitable....As I have grown my taste for vehicles/modifications change also....If you can afford it, get a turd of a DD and park the Honda....
Old 02-18-2010, 03:37 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Say "Car Ramrod".

Quick Reply: anyone have some advice or something for me to consider before i get out of cars?..