Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Anyone driven a Pontiac Solstice GXP or Saturn Sky Redline?

Old 03-16-2007, 06:44 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: Anyone driven a Pontiac Solstice GXP or Saturn Sky Redline?

saw a couple of solstices before, pretty sick, you need to check out streetfire and search for solstice with like an ls1 or something along those lines, fucking sex
Old 03-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Built, HTA, V9

japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by taz757
Yes, please. A Mallett Sky/Soltice. So fucking bad ass.

And, I'd rather have the Opel GT, ktkx.

That car is SYCK
Old 02-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Cheers is an unknown quantity at this point

Looked at Vettes, Crossfires, Skys, and Solstice -- bought the Solstice GXP eight months ago and already have 15K+ miles and I'm retired. Would do it all over again without question. Fun to drive and the Solstice/Sky folks I have met are an added bonus. Just liked the looks of the SOL over the Sky. Only thing better about the Opel GT, got to experience one in Vienna last Sept, in the "water fall." That's the piece between the seats and the Europeans take their driving serious enough to NOT include a cup holder.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:24 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

My girl has a Solstice. I have mixed feelings about driving it.. It handles like it's on rails, but there's zero room in it.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I think they both look pretty nice, but that's about all I know.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 PM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

At the Gap...

Now I may be a bit biased on this issue, but i think both cars are nice. I'd still end up with a new miata though.

Miatas are something like 2600 lbs with 166 hp... the sky is something like 3k lbs with 177 hp. Numbers aside, I really dig the looks of the new body style w/ fat rubber

Last edited by Newbsauce; 02-19-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Nunchuck Skillz

TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound

Originally Posted by Newbsauce

At the Gap...

Now I may be a bit biased on this issue, but i think both cars are nice. I'd still end up with a new miata though.

Miatas are something like 2600 lbs with 166 hp... the sky is something like 3k lbs with 177 hp. Numbers aside, I really dig the looks of the new body style w/ fat rubber

That miata looks pretty good.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Newbsauce
Miatas are something like 2600 lbs with 166 hp... the sky is something like 3k lbs with 177 hp.
I'm pretty sure the topic of discussion isn't about a base model Solstice/Sky so the 177hp part is irrelevant.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

The motor on these things is so beautiful. Even with that tiny-ass turbo (no lag) just a tune should should net about 300whp. When GM helped out the guys at the runoffs last year they were seeing some insane numbers (given: out of the normal operating parameters of the turbo) and they obviously whipped up on every other car there.

I don't know who complains about a stock car but they are awesome platforms to build really fun cars from. Glad to see a domestic offer an inexpensive 50/50 RWD platform for us to play with. Obviously have some places to improve on - thank god, shit'd be boring if you could buy a $20 something car and be done.

Cheers - glad to see you made it over.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:41 PM
No Rep, No Respect..

NeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nutsack
I don't know much about them except they are turbocharged roadsters that put down 260hp? I'm not fond of GM products but it "sounds" like they'd be pretty quick. I've never seen any driving around and they've been out since 2006.
They run well. I test drove a Sky Redline before I bought the S2000. I'm 6'1" and 250 and fit in them just fine. They actually have a little more room than the S2K and Miata. The reasons I didn't buy one are (1.) The Honda was proven, (2.) The Honda was cheaper(for me) with similar features, (3.) GM Domestic Depreciating value vs. Honda Resale. (4.) Had to wait 4 months to order the Sky I wanted, and the S2K was on the lot and ready to go.

I'm not sure why you never see them. I see Sky and Sols about 25 times a day. You really can't tell them apart from the regular ones unless you see them from behind.

Quick Reply: Anyone driven a Pontiac Solstice GXP or Saturn Sky Redline?