Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Any suggestions on Virginia car insurance?

Old 04-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandfrog has disabled reputation
Default Any suggestions on Virginia car insurance?

I've gotten a couple speeding tickets back in 05 and recently driving on suspended license (due to not going to a Driver Improvement Clinic because I couldn't afford it at the time). But I haven't been able to get insurance for the passed year and a half for a number of reasons. Well I just got back from Boot Camp and need insurance. I got a quote from State Farm, whom I use to have insurance with and paid around $158 a month for my 94 Camaro RS, and now they want $258 a month for my 97 Camaro I have now, liability only. On top of that they want a $500 down payment? I was told this is because of my two speeding tickets and driving on suspended. Well, I'm trying to find some other possibilities before I have to opt for the uninsured motorist fee from DMV, but those prices are freakin crazy. So I'm hoping maybe someone from here can recommend a good and hopefully cheap auto insurance company? Thanks everyone.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671 max671
Default Re: Any suggestions on Virginia car insurance?

Originally Posted by smokin240
I've gotten a couple speeding tickets back in 05 and recently driving on suspended license (due to not going to a Driver Improvement Clinic because I couldn't afford it at the time). But I haven't been able to get insurance for the passed year and a half for a number of reasons. Well I just got back from Boot Camp and need insurance. I got a quote from State Farm, whom I use to have insurance with and paid around $158 a month for my 94 Camaro RS, and now they want $258 a month for my 97 Camaro I have now, liability only. On top of that they want a $500 down payment? I was told this is because of my two speeding tickets and driving on suspended. Well, I'm trying to find some other possibilities before I have to opt for the uninsured motorist fee from DMV, but those prices are freakin crazy. So I'm hoping maybe someone from here can recommend a good and hopefully cheap auto insurance company? Thanks everyone.
check progressive, they'll give you a quote and a bunch of other company's quotes (haven't you seen the commercials man???)
Old 04-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Trashed

Khlept0 has disabled reputation

I saved a bundle by switching to Geico.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:16 AM
I wupped Batmans ass

euro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to all

Eastwood Yo! They'll insure anybody!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:17 AM
cizko

wastedfluid has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have Allstate Insurance for $128/month. My own planning. I'm 20, and I drive a 2004 Cavalier. I have the full insurance plan.. the highest they offer, not sure.

Just got out of bootcamp? I just got out of the Navy. whew. 2 years of pure bullshit. Good luck to you, bro. Hope you're ready for the BS. Thanks for serving our country.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Banned

joblow is an unknown quantity at this point

i pay $68 a month through progressive, on a 84 rabbit though. progressive sucks if you have anything aftermarket though, even if you have receipts, they wont pay you no matter what. they be dicks.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:45 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

USAA.

WAY cheaper than everbody else for my wife and I. Almost by 50% per month.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

SlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Axelerate
USAA.

WAY cheaper than everbody else for my wife and I. Almost by 50% per month.
YEAP!!!!!!! Also state that you drive 7,000 miles or less a year.

Originally Posted by wastedfluid
Just got out of bootcamp? I just got out of the Navy. whew. 2 years of pure bullshit. Good luck to you, bro. Hope you're ready for the BS. Thanks for serving our country.
You will find BS anywhere you work at! At least the BS in the military pays better most of the time.

Last edited by SlowGhost; 04-19-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

joshuaa3 has disabled reputation

try the hartford insurance company, also think about switching from the camaro to a family car or old shitbox for awhile
Old 04-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

ChrisJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Geico here...
Full Coverage...$250 deductable...24 years old...2002 Mustang GT...Few tickets...$150 a month...

Quick Reply: Any suggestions on Virginia car insurance?