Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

any honda ruckus owners?

Old 03-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Needs more poke.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada
Default Re: any honda ruckus owners?

The law used to be if it was under 50cc you didnt need a license or anything, but when i had one when i was 15 i was going 45-50 on the right hand side of the road in a 45. I got pulled and the cop refused to belive it was under 50cc's. Didnt get a ticket but things may have changed now and if a cop sees you going that fast on a scooter you might get his attention. They are fun as shit though.

Last edited by Tarzan Bakerada; 03-21-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:59 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

"I get 70 miles to the gallon on this hog."
Old 03-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

reborncx is an unknown quantity at this point

^ aaaaaahahahah
Old 03-21-2009, 03:21 PM
XGP15A-II

J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX

Originally Posted by Tarzan Bakerada
The law used to be if it was under 50cc you didnt need a license or anything, but when i had one when i was 15 i was going 45-50 on the right hand side of the road in a 45. I got pulled and the cop refused to belive it was under 50cc's. Didnt get a ticket but things may have changed now and if a cop sees you going that fast on a scooter you might get his attention. They are fun as shit though.
I believe it still is, to prevent problems with the police bring the manual i guess, or something that has its engine size on it.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Registered Member

NissanNX has disabled reputation

I have an 06 Ruckus.

06 and up Ruckus' have a more durable motor and pcv valve. My 06 topped out at 39 mph stock. Right now I'm hitting 46 with a variator, kevlar belt, lightweight flywheel, and yoshimura exhaust.

www.totalruckus.com is the best site around for info.
For parts the big shops are:
www.bowlsla.com
www.battlescooterstore.com
www.passwordjdm.com
www.rucksters.com
www.tokyo-parts.co.jp (you will need a japanese contact, they dont ship outside japan, but they have the freshest, newest parts months, sometimes years before the US shops get them[they are allied with bowls to import us some sweet gear too])
www.scootermission.com

There are many other shops, but these are the ones I know off the top of my head.

I absolutely love my scooter. Its fun to ride, unique, and it looks sexy.
In VA you do not need a license. You do not need a license plate. You do not need insurance. All you have to do is register your title.

If you plan on doing a motor swap, get a ruck prior to 06. Staying stock motor get an 06 or up. I know there is a member on here in VA Beach selling a newer used black ruck, search cycle corner for "mint condition". He is selling his spare ruck.

Last edited by NissanNX; 03-21-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by J!NX
I believe it still is, to prevent problems with the police bring the manual i guess, or something that has its engine size on it.
The right side of the front frame has a manufacturers tag stating the motor as a 49cc motor.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:31 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

wow thanks for the info!

i cant wait to get one. are there a lot in nova? would be fun to ride around together i guess
Old 03-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by racist
wow thanks for the info!

i cant wait to get one. are there a lot in nova? would be fun to ride around together i guess
I have seen a few in the Loudoun area, although I'm the only modded one I see around. I know of one other modded one in Manassas. Several of my friends are interested in them, and I'm trying to get them to take the dive so we can roll a ruckus crew in NOVA.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:09 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

yes lets roll deep and terrorize little kids. any pics of yours?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by NissanNX
I have seen a few in the Loudoun area, although I'm the only modded one I see around. I know of one other modded one in Manassas. Several of my friends are interested in them, and I'm trying to get them to take the dive so we can roll a ruckus crew in NOVA.
That shit is so much fun, when i had mine when i was 15-16 i had like 10 friends that had mopeds and we would just cruise around the neighborhoods doing random shit and just going places it was a lot of fun.

Quick Reply: any honda ruckus owners?