Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Any Elise owners?

Old 09-18-2015, 06:23 AM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Any Elise owners?

If anyone owns or has owned an Elise, PM me please.

Considering buying one from a friend and have some questions about market values based on condition...
Old 09-18-2015, 06:42 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default Re: Any Elise owners?

Has it been in an accident? I was interested in one and apparently the front and rear body parts are full clamshell assemblies that are quite expensive. I believe they're carbon fiber on some or all of the models. Essentially what this means is even a small fender bender can get you into huge repair costs. I like them, they're cool, I might still buy one someday. Honestly though, I'll probably be more likely to get an NSX at that price point, an S2k for cheaper, or a miata catfish, which is a similar size and weight car but not quite as advanced or complex. I don't own one, but that's something worth looking into if you're serious. I found a whole thread for perspective buyers on one of the Lotus forums a while back that had tons of this sort of information.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The body is fine, it's got one or two accidentally cracked interior panels and the A/C needs to be replaced. It's also been selectively resprayed, but that was because of chips and dings and not because of accident damage.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:10 AM
Registered member

Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine

I've loosely followed this car for some time. The price never really moves. I've heard youtubers call it the forever 30,000 dollar car. Like a s2k you wont depreciate much. I hope you fit well in it and acquire one.

Last edited by Carnine; 09-18-2015 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Typo* 20/30k
Old 09-18-2015, 08:56 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

$20,000? I have yet to see one below 30.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Racetracks

I've seen them for high $20k, that's about it unless there's high mileage or some kind of body damage. I'm trying to figure out what to offer. It only has 13k miles and is purple, which is either a pro or con depending on who you are.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:24 PM
Too Old To Care

smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave

If you are a grown man, color is unimportant, unless it is an investment. Then it can be good if there were few in this color. I personally could care less with color unless it requires a lot of care. If you like it and it is enjoyable to drive, then it is good. I still have a 99 civic si that was really cheap due to some idiot spraying it pink, have put over 100k on it and could care less what color it is. I like the car, it doesn't do anything I don't expect. As a 52 yo straight guy I simply don't care. I drive what I want and if someone doesn't like it f'em. explanation concluded. Do what you wish if a car does what you want.
Regards
Dave
Old 09-18-2015, 01:26 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

If it's that dark midnight purple and not that gayass civic si purple, it's pretty cool anyway. :P
Old 09-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Too Old To Care

smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave

Originally Posted by Yardjass
If it's that dark midnight purple and not that gayass civic si purple, it's pretty cool anyway. :P
It will never be as bad as having flatbills banging on my door wanting me to sell a part off of a running car because they are too lazy to find one or better yet too broke cause of no job too buy the part. Said flatbills are met at door with gun in hand and told nicely to leave property, video camera aimed at cars helps when pointed out to them. I personally like the Lotus purple. The honda purple is horrible, almost as bad as pink.
Regards
Dave
Old 09-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Racetracks

No, I really like the purple. If I didn't I'd buy a different one, but this is being sold by someone I know so there may be a deal involved. That color only works on Elise, skylines, and TVRs.

Quick Reply: Any Elise owners?