Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Another Reckless Thread (Not a Rant, Looking for Advice)

Old 12-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE
Default Another Reckless Thread (Not a Rant, Looking for Advice)

The other day I got a reckless driving ticket on 199 in York County doing 78/55. That all happened while I was in the passing lane trying to pass a car doing roughly around 63MPH so I could get in the right lane since the exit for I64E was approaching. Traveling around 200 yards behind me their was an unmarked state trooper. I didn't realize their was a cop going behind me, and when I saw the unmarked impala, I didn't even know it was a cop that was racing after me, and to tell you the truth, i didn't even know I was going to get pulled over untill he was riding my tail and had his lights on. Neither did I know I was driving that fast, and I thought was only gonna get a speeding ticket or warning for like 15 over.

Ok, now to the point. I don't plan on hiring a lawyer, but I do plan on taking a drivers improvement course, I currently have a clean driving record (Did get a reckless dropped at 16 with a lawyer), and yes I'll be rocking the suit. Also I plan on saying the following statement when I go to court, and need to know what I should add, delete, just go ahead and hire a lawyer, or tell I'll be driving in a 4 Door FWD car forever unless I become uber rich or love insurance companies raping me.

"As I was travelling on rt. 199 I was driving in the left lane doing slightly around 63mph since that's when my GPS starts to warning me I am speeding, while a car was in the right lane doing around the same speed. I had to get in the right lane so I could get on the ramp so I could continue on I64 I had slightly sped up to pass the car in right lane, and merged using a turn signal, while continuing to slow down so I could get on the ramp to get on I-64 East. I slowed down after I safely made the pass not even knowing their was a state trooper traveling roughly 200-300 yards behind me. I was shocked I was getting pulled over after the state trooper as the state trooper started tailgating me and flashed his lights while i was on the ramp to get on I64 East. He asked me why I was going 78 in a 55, and i politely told him I was trying to pass a car so I could get on the interstate. I was cooperative, and after he handed my ticket I apologized saying I didn't realize how fast I was gong. Yes I may have been speeding or driving carelessly as I made the pass, or I could of even got in the right lane much sooner. But their was no way I would have known my speed since I was keeping my eyes on the road and on my surroundings while making the pass, while using my best instincts to judge what speed I was going. If I were to take my eyes off the road and the vehicle I was trying to pass, I could of easily caused a wreck. Taking your eyes off the road while turning, or trying to pass someone for a split second or even more if you have to turn could easily be just as dangerous as texting while driving. Even if the state trooper is right and my instincts were wrong, that only means I'm human. Humans were meant to make mistakes sometimes, and that's why they place erasers on the top of pencils. Yes, I did make this mistake, but that doesn't overshadow the fact I previously had a clean driving record, or me getting just getting a 3.0+* GPA my first semester as a freshmen at Thomas Nelson Community College. I believe this is like getting a F on your first test, just to correct what you did wrong to get an A+ on the final exam"

I'm just trying to get this dropped to a speeding/careless driving ticket without getting my license suspended and i don't have to go to court till the end of January.. I'm proving the fact that I had no way I knew I was going that fast with a rational explanation, and just had bad judgement. I'm also not making it seem where I'm going "he's lying, it was the other car" type of bullshit. Just trying to get some advice and find the best way to solve a problem. I guess I had a cop that didn't play games since after he got in his car he sped off, and i just sat in my car for a few to put my stuff back and to gather my self, just to get right on the interstate to see him already pull someone else over.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Another Reckless Thread (Not a Rant, Looking for Advice)

Originally Posted by 3Point5SE
The other day I got a reckless driving ticket on 199 in York County doing 78/55. That all happened while I was in the passing lane trying to pass a car doing roughly around 63MPH so I could get in the right lane since the exit for I64E was approaching. Traveling around 200 yards behind me their was an unmarked state trooper. I didn't realize their was a cop going behind me, and when I saw the unmarked impala, I didn't even know it was a cop that was racing after me, and to tell you the truth, i didn't even know I was going to get pulled over untill he was riding my tail and had his lights on. Neither did I know I was driving that fast, and I thought was only gonna get a speeding ticket or warning for like 15 over.

Ok, now to the point. I don't plan on hiring a lawyer, but I do plan on taking a drivers improvement course, I currently have a clean driving record (Did get a reckless dropped at 16 with a lawyer), and yes I'll be rocking the suit. Also I plan on saying the following statement when I go to court, and need to know what I should add, delete, just go ahead and hire a lawyer, or tell I'll be driving in a 4 Door FWD car forever unless I become uber rich or love insurance companies raping me.

"As I was travelling on rt. 199 I was driving in the left lane doing slightly around 63mph since that's when my GPS starts to warning me I am speeding, while a car was in the right lane doing around the same speed. I had to get in the right lane so I could get on the ramp so I could continue on I64 I had slightly sped up to pass the car in right lane, and merged using a turn signal, while continuing to slow down so I could get on the ramp to get on I-64 East. I slowed down after I safely made the pass not even knowing their was a state trooper traveling roughly 200-300 yards behind me. I was shocked I was getting pulled over after the state trooper as the state trooper started tailgating me and flashed his lights while i was on the ramp to get on I64 East. He asked me why I was going 78 in a 55, and i politely told him I was trying to pass a car so I could get on the interstate. I was cooperative, and after he handed my ticket I apologized saying I didn't realize how fast I was gong. Yes I may have been speeding or driving carelessly as I made the pass, or I could of even got in the right lane much sooner. But their was no way I would have known my speed since I was keeping my eyes on the road and on my surroundings while making the pass, while using my best instincts to judge what speed I was going. If I were to take my eyes off the road and the vehicle I was trying to pass, I could of easily caused a wreck. Taking your eyes off the road while turning, or trying to pass someone for a split second or even more if you have to turn could easily be just as dangerous as texting while driving. Even if the state trooper is right and my instincts were wrong, that only means I'm human. Humans were meant to make mistakes sometimes, and that's why they place erasers on the top of pencils. Yes, I did make this mistake, but that doesn't overshadow the fact I previously had a clean driving record, or me getting just getting a 3.0+* GPA my first semester as a freshmen at Thomas Nelson Community College. I believe this is like getting a F on your first test, just to correct what you did wrong to get an A+ on the final exam"

I'm just trying to get this dropped to a speeding/careless driving ticket without getting my license suspended and i don't have to go to court till the end of January.. I'm proving the fact that I had no way I knew I was going that fast with a rational explanation, and just had bad judgement. I'm also not making it seem where I'm going "he's lying, it was the other car" type of bullshit. Just trying to get some advice and find the best way to solve a problem. I guess I had a cop that didn't play games since after he got in his car he sped off, and i just sat in my car for a few to put my stuff back and to gather my self, just to get right on the interstate to see him already pull someone else over.

got it
Blowin' smoke.

tdi520 is a jewel in the roughtdi520 is a jewel in the roughtdi520 is a jewel in the rough

Yes I may have been speeding or driving carelessly as I made the pass, or I could of even got in the right lane much sooner.
I wouldn't say this, it sounds like you're admitting to driving carelessly which would give the judge a green light to give you the ticket.

Taking your eyes off the road while turning, or trying to pass someone for a split second or even more if you have to turn could easily be just as dangerous as texting while driving.
You're lecturing the court. We all know this, you're not helping anyone.

Even if the state trooper is right and my instincts were wrong, that only means I'm human. Humans were meant to make mistakes sometimes, and that's why they place erasers on the top of pencils.
This sounds like some bullshit you heard from Barney. If I was the judge, I'd respond by saying "and that's why we give tickets out instead of killing you."
Registered Member

team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703

Sell your altima and get an uber slow honda. Or if you had an SER you coulda outran the police.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703

Originally Posted by nftuatn
got it
lol. Hey check his other thread, I jacked your ideas from a couple spo's ago when you bitched noone quoted the lulz and then no one understood what was going on.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation

my advice would be GET A LAWYER. that statment is good and dandy but you do have a speedometer in your car and it takes what..1 second to see how fast your going..Just hope the judge is in a really really good mood that day. good luck
Old 12-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/a-323236/

2 birds one stone
Old 12-07-2009, 04:59 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by team703
lol. Hey check his other thread, I jacked your ideas from a couple spo's ago when you bitched noone quoted the lulz and then no one understood what was going on.
your learning very well grasshoppa!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

The cop can present a print out which alot of the time (military cop) we attach it to the ticket when it goes to court for civilians. If using a lidar you wont get a print out there but we can bring it back to the office and print it off. You could go in and use the defense of when was the last time his car/radar was calibrated.Alot of times the undercovers just get a basic car with plug in lights. yadda yadda. there is defense but... you might want to get a traffic lawyer to lower the blow.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:02 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

He was tailgating you because he has to to run your plates.

You'll probably get Judge Killilea in district. If you do, I wouldn't make that statement. I think she convicts too readily. On the other hand, I like her because she really does give you your day in court. From what I have seen she doesn't like excuses. If you tell her you couldn't look at your speedo in that situation, she will think "he has no business driving if he can't tell the difference between 78mph and 55mph" She may even tell you so.
She does like:
Being not only kind and polite but also proper - e.g. dressing well and addressing her as Your Honor
Taking your lumps
The cop telling her you were polite and cooperative
A clean driving record

Quite frankly, you'll prob get convicted anyways in district, so try whatever you want, then hire a lawyer for circuit (when you go to the cashier on your way out of the courtroom, tell her you want to appeal and she'll give you the forms). I like the Greek defense attorney we have here in Williamsburg, but I forget his name. If I think of it, I'll let you know.

Last edited by marlinspike; 12-07-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Another Reckless Thread (Not a Rant, Looking for Advice)