Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Am I Wrong???

Old 12-01-2003, 09:13 AM
corona connessuer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Question Am I Wrong???

ok guys. heres the situation. i agreed to swap out 2 motors for josh(no reverse) for $650. yup thats VERY cheap! i pulled a b16 out of a crx and pulled out a d16y7 out of another crx. i then put both motors back in the other cars. everything was fine with the b16 car when he picked it up. the d16 car i put back together and it needed to get the exhaust pipe fixed. the fuel pump was hot wired in the d16 car and doesnt like to stay running.

ok here is where im getting a bit aggitated about this deal. he drives the car home and he calls me and says that the damn lower part of the header falls off. now im not a dumbass and i know how to tighten 3 damn bolts but hey, if i made a mistake then fine. ill fix it. the car was doing just fine for over an hour before he got there. that and the header liked to hit the ground because he has the car lowered 3" with 13" rims. not my fault.
now i let him use 2 of my 14" rims so that hed have less of a chance of scraping on the way home. granted that he bring them back on the following friday. well that didnt happen.

now i get a call a day or so after he picks up the car and he tells me the water pump went bad. i never said that id put a new water pump on the b16 or the d16. so i just let him take his time getting me the money since he had this happen. (at this time i had not been paid anything) now originally i had told him that id do the swap for the donor car(the one that has tha d16 in it now) but i wanted it in oine peice, not missing the rear brakes and other parts.

now i get told that he already spent his money on an apartment because he thought that i was getting the car after he took all of the parts off. ummmm...NOT!

any way i give him some time to get me some money i wait a few weeks and still no money well eventually i finally go over there and he gives me a check for $200. so now hes givin me a hard time about fixin all of the shit that was already wrong, and that i NEVER said that id fix in the first place.

so thats about it, i may have forgotten all of the details but if i remember ill add it.

OK what do you guys think? please feel free to ask any questions or make any tastful comments. i have dealt with quite a few drag members and i would assume that most would say that i am easy to deal with and i do quality work. i am a VERY patient person and i am easy to get along with. i just feel like im getting screwed here.

PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS ORDEAL. thanks, mike
Old 12-01-2003, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

all that musta made you forget about the wideband o2.....
Old 12-01-2003, 09:18 AM
www.anchor-room.com

UNCLEBENZ has disabled reputation

I'd like to hear his side in here posted
Old 12-01-2003, 09:18 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by Greaser
all that musta made you forget about the wideband o2.....
SHIT!! sorry
i still have the 4 wire if you want it??
ill check on the wideband for you
Old 12-01-2003, 09:19 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Shitty.

You're a good guy, really sucks when idiots take advantage of kindness.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:19 AM
corona connessuer

Originally posted by UNCLEBENZ
I'd like to hear his side in here posted
so would i
Old 12-01-2003, 09:21 AM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

sounds like people shouldn't do favors, unless its in writing and a contract. some people may say, "a contract? what you don't trust my word?" tell them no i dont, its notthing personal, its business. when money is involved its fucking business. yall will have to work this one out between each other, but i suggest you do NOTTHING with out a contract signed before hand, from now on anyways. just my .02
Old 12-01-2003, 09:33 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

A contract would be my suggestion as well.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:40 AM

IcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud of

PAYMENT UP FRONT. Thats the way to do deals in your driveway. I think ya got screwed Mike.

PS: You are a nice guy, I'd never do that much work for $650?
Old 12-01-2003, 09:45 AM
corona connessuer

has anyone else had any problems with him before? josh(no reverse) that is?

Quick Reply: Am I Wrong???