Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

All weather tires in VA?

Old 09-15-2004, 04:03 PM
bye
dirt the flirt.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye
Default Re: All weather tires in VA?

Originally Posted by XCELR8
hahaha all you southern folks kill me! SlowGTP and me will tell you what snow is! Snow isn't shit down here! Its kinda funny though, 3" of snow will shut down the city. In answer to your question though, just any new tire is all you need for snow. Take it from a northerner. Snow tires/winter tires etc etc are a gimmick, thats all. If you want some kind of reassurance for slippery conditions, just run a new "treaded" (not DR) tire toward the end of fall. However you might want to use a shitty wheel due to the salt on the roads.
have you not driven when it snows around here or something? every winter its like driving on a skating rink, who the fuck is gonna be open
Old 09-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by brandon
have you not driven when it snows around here or something? every winter its like driving on a skating rink, who the fuck is gonna be open
Yes, I've driven around here when it snows and I can honestly tell you it isn't shit here. In Michigan we can get around a foot of snow in one night and still go to school, we have snow on the ground for about 5 months of the year. Its a different type of life up there and when Viriginia gets 3" its like a state of emergency and shit LOL. Personally, I just blow it off because I'm used to it and know how to drive in it.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:15 PM

mbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to behold

Just buy some ghetto tiger paws and drive slow. They are cheap econo tires. One set for the winter with some used steelies.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:17 PM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

fuck that im staying home, maybe our VDOT sucks or maybe in michigan everyone is 4wheel drive, cuz i cant stay on the road...i remember last winter there was like a 10 car pile up on jefferson ave. and i was standing outside of my car and cars going the other direction were like sliding sideways and smashing the curb like 5 feet from me, i thought i was gonna die so i got back in the car
Old 09-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by brandon
fuck that im staying home, maybe our VDOT sucks or maybe in michigan everyone is 4wheel drive, cuz i cant stay on the road...i remember last winter there was like a 10 car pile up on jefferson ave. and i was standing outside of my car and cars going the other direction were like sliding sideways and smashing the curb like 5 feet from me, i thought i was gonna die so i got back in the car
haha I know what you mean. When it snows in this state I stay inside, not because I'm afraid of my own ability, but the ability of others.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:34 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

that video posted a few weeks ago where the DOT posted the arrow the wrong direction reminds me of VA during winter
Old 09-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Black Z-24 Black Z-24

All season. Pirelli Pzero nero m+s

Look at these ratings (including snow)
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
Old 09-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

Black Z-24 Black Z-24

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Yes, I've driven around here when it snows and I can honestly tell you it isn't shit here. In Michigan we can get around a foot of snow in one night and still go to school, we have snow on the ground for about 5 months of the year. Its a different type of life up there and when Viriginia gets 3" its like a state of emergency and shit LOL. Personally, I just blow it off because I'm used to it and know how to drive in it.
^ this is true. Been to Rochester NY in the middle of April and it snowed a good 1 1/2 foot. These motherfuckers were wearing shorts walking to school.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:45 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

omg I own a RWD car again, I can't fucking wait for snow.. [/excitementandglee]
Old 09-15-2004, 05:58 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

the formula will never see snowy roads. Ever.

Quick Reply: All weather tires in VA?