Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ALFA ROMEO 8C Competizione coupe

Old 04-12-2008, 09:02 AM
go topless.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BillMW has disabled reputation
Default ALFA ROMEO 8C Competizione coupe

Checked the threads and didn't come across this; thought I'd share:

QUOTE: By JERRY GARRETT NYT

Published: April 6, 2008
ALFA ROMEO returns to the United States this summer with a splash, after a 13-year absence, with the new 8C Competizione coupe.

Alfa withdrew from the American market in 1995 amid slumping sales brought on by a reputation for poor quality. But the brand has had a resurgence in Europe as its parent, Fiat, has infused cash into Alfa for new designs and improved mechanical systems.

Fiat is trying to build up a sports and luxury division featuring Alfa Romeo and Maserati. Fiat plans to sell the 8C through select Maserati dealerships (which are also Ferrari dealerships) in North America.

Fiat is positioning the 8C as a literal blood brother to supercars from Maserati and Ferrari, with which the 8C shares some parts.

At an estimated base price above $200,000, the 8C is easily Alfa’s most expensive model ever. The 450-horsepower V-8 coupe will be produced in limited numbers, and only 90 are expected to be available in the United States this year. Most are already spoken for, the company said. Prospective buyers might instead be wise to inquire about the convertible version due in 2009.

If the strong early demand for the 8C continues, Fiat said it would offer three more Alfa Romeo vehicles — the 159 sporty sedan, Brera 2+2 coupe and Spider two-seater — in the United States by late 2009 or early 2010.

Sergio Marchionne, Fiat’s chief executive, has said the company is also looking for a flexible auto manufacturing plant in North America. So it would seem that Fiat may be looking at the 8C more as a seductive way to get the whole company back into the American market.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:27 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22
Default Re: ALFA ROMEO 8C Competizione coupe

Yeah. They're doing it all backwards. I guess I can see trying to establish the brand as something upscale but if they're trying to come here and stay here they need to get the Brera and 159 on US soil as soon as possible.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:26 AM

aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace

My dad used to have an alfa when i was a kid. that shit broke every other month before he got rid of it. I hope they really have improved there quality.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

I was reading about this in the Robb Report. It looks amazing, but I question the viability here.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:43 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

In much the same manner as Maserati, I have to give this car a big fail.

Why would I give such a beautiful car a big fail sticker you ask????

Well you see, they took one of the most beautiful sounding engines of all time.... and then took the flat plane crank out of it. Now it just sounds like any other typical V8.

This car could have been a winner, but that one detail killed it for me.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 AM
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

Is it just me, or does the companies emblem look like the smash bro's symbol in that picture.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

That bitch is hot! To bad the working class will never be able to afford one.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Sexy!

Old 04-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Old 04-17-2008, 04:12 AM
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation

The Carabinieri (Military Police) and Policia (Police, duh) in Italy drive Alfa 159's alot. Pure sex.

Last edited by Mongoose87; 04-17-2008 at 08:57 AM.