Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Air Suspension

Old 03-30-2004, 04:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Suspension

Ok I know that its illegal..we are in VA everythings illegal. Once i put it on my car, I am sure i can get tickets for it. My question is can they impound it? I have heard they impound cars that are illegal or have shit like that but is it true?
Old 03-30-2004, 04:58 AM

Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Air Suspension

I've received 3 tickets for altered suspension so far. 2 for exhaust, and another 2 for tint. I've never heard of anyone's car getting impounded for being modified.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:48 AM
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Dara is an unknown quantity at this point

you might get towed... but I mean, with air suspension, you aren't going to be riding around totally slammed all the time... if you're just riding down the road, at a reasonable height, what can they do... and even if you do get pulled, and the cop gets down under the car, he probably won't be able to tell what type of suspension you have... you are under no more risk with air suspension than you are with coilovers or springs
Old 03-30-2004, 08:58 AM
mikealis//fscrew.com

mikealis is an unknown quantity at this point

I got pulled for exhaust, and i had my car lowered 2.5" and they didnt say anything about that, guess i was lucky
Old 03-30-2004, 09:51 AM

Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I've been pulled before for exhaust alone, and the officer didn't say a thing about my tint or my ride height. However, I got pulled one day at the Oceanfront by a State Trooper on a motorcycle and he wrote me for everything he could think of. He actually went back to his bike, got a folding ruler, got down on his knees right there on Atlantic and measured my car's height.

I've been pulled for speeding and the officer didn't say a thing about my car. It just depends on the guy pulling you over. With air bags you won't be riding around slammed anyway. Just leave it at stock ride height or 1 1/2" to 2" lower. As long as you don't drive by a cop laying frame and throwing sparks I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

FumingSmoked is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a spring setup like Eibach ProKit (only a mild drop of 1- 1 1/2 inches) instead of Sportlines (about 2 inches). Most cops notice lowered rides because it's slammed. Just lower it enough where the wheel well is filled nicely and even and they won't even f*ck with you. Also I've had 35% tint all the way around and have never been pulled over once in 5 different vehicles (max is 50 in the front in VA).
Old 03-30-2004, 04:57 PM
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation

thats not true about suspension. i have my hatch lowered a 1 1/4 and the cop noticed and gave me a ticket for it
Old 04-01-2004, 06:15 AM
THE FIASCO

blasko is on a distinguished road

dont use your bags on main streets. its as easy as that. i had hydros on 2 cars for 2 years and never once got pulled for it. its all in how you presennt your self too. ive talked to cops. they say that everytime they pull over a "hooked up" import, that 80% of the time they also find drugs, alcohol, cerfew violations, stolen goods and other shit. dont make your car look suspicous. dont weave in and out of traffic and shit. my car is lowered and i have tint and no one ever gives me a hard tine about it.

i hate to say it but the cops do stereotype people and their cars. if they see a car with "racing" stickers all over it, there gunna follow it. its that simple. i would too if i was a cop.

i would much rather have my tax money paying for the cops to find rapers and killers and stuff then having them write tickets for a lowered car. but think of all the headache we, as the car community , give them everysaturday night.

making them chase people out of parking lots, having them setup speed traps because everyone races and drives fast. and think of all the accidents. every saturday night there is at least one accident between the superk and walmart in newport news. everytime its a sport compact car following too close and speeding. every time.

they are gunna get you back by giving as many tickets as possible. i dont blame them. i know about 50 people the all either have bags or hydros, and none of them ever get stopped.

be smart people. and yes my cruiiser is gettin bagged very soon,
Old 04-01-2004, 06:26 AM
Banned

GotB00stPsi is an unknown quantity at this point

my truck is dropped 6 in the front, and 7 in the rear, ive only been pulled once i think, jus drive normal, and they leave you alone
Old 04-01-2004, 07:00 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

^^ agreed if you drive normal you wont get fuck with..why you putting air suspension on a civic anways

Quick Reply: Air Suspension