Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Air intake difference?

Old 06-24-2004, 06:02 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Air intake difference?

one major reason the price is so much different is that aem actually does dyno testing and flow patterns on there intakes, and they reveal that in the price, these other people that sell intakes that are off brand dont, they basically just copy the design as best they can and thats why its so cheap,cause they have no research and design team that they have to pay, but when it comes down to an intake your not gonna gain tons and tons of hp off of it so paying the lower price in my opinion is actually a legitimate reason to buy it, but to some people every hp matters even if it mean paying 200 dollars more and having the brand name matters to them as well.........
Old 06-24-2004, 06:18 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

The filter matters much more so than the intake pipe. Even high priced filters don't perform the same.

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50903
Old 06-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
one major reason the price is so much different is that aem actually does dyno testing and flow patterns on there intakes, and they reveal that in the price, these other people that sell intakes that are off brand dont, they basically just copy the design as best they can and thats why its so cheap,cause they have no research and design team that they have to pay, but when it comes down to an intake your not gonna gain tons and tons of hp off of it so paying the lower price in my opinion is actually a legitimate reason to buy it, but to some people every hp matters even if it mean paying 200 dollars more and having the brand name matters to them as well.........
its not practical to pay an extra 200 bucks for a tube with a slight variation to gain 1-2 more hp. there are many more effective dollar to hp choices.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

Originally Posted by flo w fx
How does an intake pipe allow the air and fuel to mix better? Wouldn't that be handled by the actual intake? Or is there some cyclonic action in the V2s? I love marketing.

The V2 has a sound chamber on the pipe and makes a lower freq. sound wave so the Intake mani. Resonates and helps the air mix better.

AEMpower.com
Old 06-24-2004, 06:34 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

One someone does the research, it's not rocket science to copy it perfectly if you have a mandrel bending machine and want to make a few bucks. It's just tubing, nothing special. Get a cheap one, just make sure the filter is worth it. I've seen a lot of cheap CAIs and all they needed was a little deburring with a dremel tool on the inside edges. The filters were nice, and they fit right. So why pay AEM prices? Until they have a patent on mandrel bending it's everyone's ballgame..
Old 06-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Smee

LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98

it doesnt matter, in a couple of months my cai will be off
Old 06-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LudeDude98
it doesnt matter, in a couple of months my cai will be off
Also the filters that come with those Ebay CAIs are about as good as a K&N, no need to shell out any more for something to flow more air that you dont need.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

I bought a densecharger for my Mustang best intake for a Mustang on the market, if you want a real cheap intake you can make one yourself for $20. Buy a conical air filter, pvc pipes, clamps and you can make your own ghetto cai.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fat Nick
I bought a densecharger for my Mustang best intake for a Mustang on the market, if you want a real cheap intake you can make one yourself for $20. Buy a conical air filter, pvc pipes, clamps and you can make your own ghetto cai.
Yup, I got a densecharger too. Im proud to know I paid 179 bucks for a piece of damn plastic I dont mind to spend a little more to get a quality product. I like it, but the ebay ones work just as well.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Yeah but the ebay ones look like ass most of the time imo. I only paid 172

Quick Reply: Air intake difference?