Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Aftermarket Warranty

Old 06-03-2011, 07:52 AM
slingshot engage.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'
Question Aftermarket Warranty

Are they worth it??

Last edited by dyoungin'; 02-15-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: Aftermarket Warranty

sell your car
Old 06-05-2011, 06:48 AM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

Originally Posted by ShawnD
sell your car
I don't wanna shove it off onto someone else.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:00 AM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

You need to relax on shifting into second at high RPMs. /thread

I had the same issues. Try using better transmission fluid than OEM. That helped me for a while.

As far as warranty, how much is it?
Old 06-05-2011, 07:15 AM
slingshot engage.

I drive like a grandma and I don't race. This car hardly ever sees VTEC, so I don't think that the driving habits are the issue.

As soon as I get the car back from being repaired and I break it in, I plan on switching to Redline MTL, per a few techs recommendation.

The warranties vary depending on coverage. A basic powertrain warranty is between 400-800 per year between different companies.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:29 AM
HNIC

I used royal purple MTF and loved it.

That's really strange though you are having all these issues if you drive like you say. There has to be an underlying issue causing it.

Back on topic. What's the price for them to drop the transmission and replace second? Anywhere from 1000-2000 i'm sure. Considering you keep having problems I'd say get the warranty for atleast a year. 400-800 versus 1500ish if there happened to be another problem.

In all honesty I'd get the car fixed this time and sell it. Thats my opinion.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Get the extended warranty, go back to peninsula Honda and request nick salter as your mechanic. He is a buddy of mine and he is really good I know he has done a lot of six speeds. He will get it right for you.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:41 AM
slingshot engage.

Yeah its frustrating the shit outta me because I do baby it. I really think it's just incompetence with the dealers technicians- like I said, I am out in redneckville.

Yeah I think I may go ahead an get a warranty, but I would to like to find someone that has one hear a few experiences. I want one that I can choose the repair facility and that is a fairly good deal. We will see...

Yeesh, I really don't want to get rid of this car- it's immaculate except for this recurring problem, so it would be tough to part with. I'm still considering it though. If it doesn't get resolved after this fix, then I may ask the dealer to strike me a deal because I'm tired of their problem.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:42 AM
slingshot engage.

Originally Posted by REDROCKETEER
Get the extended warranty, go back to peninsula Honda and request nick salter as your mechanic. He is a buddy of mine and he is really good I know he has done a lot of six speeds. He will get it right for you.
He's the guy that did my 3rd gear TSB and it's been fine ever since! If I was on the Peninsula and had factory warranty, I'd take it to him. If i run outta factory warranty, it;s going to Brady at CCC.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:50 AM
HNIC

Originally Posted by dyoungin'
He's the guy that did my 3rd gear TSB and it's been fine ever since! If I was on the Peninsula and had factory warranty, I'd take it to him. If i run outta factory warranty, it;s going to Brady at CCC.
You know why third gear is fine?

Honda replaces the shitty stock syncros with carbon syncros. They refuse to admit that is the same issue with second gear.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Warranty