Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

AE86 Build

Old 11-23-2006, 03:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the rough
Default AE86 Build

I dont get much time to get on the internet over here in england, and while IM here Im not buying a car. My insurence is crazy so the thought of me buying a NEW car just isnt there. My dads a Toyota Master Tech so I opting to go with something he knows and can spread his experness on if there is a basic problem. I want to know, not sites or links to somewhere to find out but the nessesitys (sorry spell nazi's) to build the car I want. I said fuck 240's Iv had enough of them. I want to build a 250HP turbo AE86. I need to know what engine will give me this, what turbo to go with, what manifold to use, EVERY part. I dont have the time to go browsing around. My plan for the next 2 years while IM here is to buy the car in the states and gradually send parts back home to sit till my return. DOsnt sound like a good plan to osme buy I dont plan on staying in england longer then my two years. Which will give me the time and money to just have all parts and put it togeather when I come back to the states. I know its lazy but for anyone willing. Id like to know. Same with suspension, I dont want this to be a drift machine just a fun car to drive. thanks all.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:18 AM
Registered Member

turbomigo has disabled reputation
Default Re: AE86 Build

Sounds like a good plan, 250 hp in a corolla is insane, Im running almost stock with a million miles and it drifts decently. Are you looking to have someone help source you a car? Good luck with the plan and hoping to see it on the road one day.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

M1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by turbomigo
Sounds like a good plan, 250 hp in a corolla is insane, Im running almost stock with a million miles and it drifts decently. Are you looking to have someone help source you a car? Good luck with the plan and hoping to see it on the road one day.
Im looking for the car and places to get the parts. Its an over time build and I see it going pretty well. Any help is better then none.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:14 AM
YES, i am kinda mad

StreetDreams StreetDreams StreetDreams StreetDreams StreetDreams StreetDreams StreetDreams StreetDreams StreetDreams StreetDreams StreetDreams

Originally Posted by M1KeyC
Im looking for the car and places to get the parts. Its an over time build and I see it going pretty well. Any help is better then none.

a good place to get parts is on club4ag.com, ebay, junkyards and if you have axcess the yahoo japan actions are great. if you get the car id like to see you build progress. good luck and have fun with it
Old 11-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

I think over two years it will be very doable I just need a firm ground and good sites to order from seeing as all the stuff will be shipped to the states. Iv been googling the 20V motorset but cant find an a place to actually order the motor from.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:23 PM
3ff3c7

Papillon has disabled reputation

I would say for bang for the buck... a 4agze with turbocharger could reach 250hp easier than a 20v. Xatracing.com offer that swap - just saying you could check out the setups they use... i thought there was a somewhat big 86 scene in europe?
Old 11-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

as far as Iv seen, well more like havent seen, a single AE over here at all. And I did manage to find a JDM 4AGE for cheap, so I think I'll use that with a T25, but Im stuck on what do for fuel management and tuning so any input is awsome on it all. Im not going with the hatchback style I like the one with the trunk more, maybe put a fuel cell in the trunk. I want to keep all the interior also. How much boost can a JDM 4AGE hold up too? And whats a good wheel base to work off of also?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

You can build an NA 4age up tp 240 with a Toda rebuild kit, but it wouldnt be very streetable. The easy way to go would be to find a 4AGZE from a mk1 mr2, and then do a rebuild and change to a smaller pully for more boost. If you really want to turbo, than I would say look for a 20 valve and start from there, although it will take some time and money. The hardest way to go is probably trying to make a 3SGTE work. I have heard rumors, but I havnt seen one yet. I mean if they can make the S2000 motor work, then there has to be room for a 3SGTE.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

as bad as its going to sound, I can spend the 400 bucks on a replacment motor for a 4AGE and just transfer the turbo parts if it blows, I dont think it will seeing as I want a simi decent amount of HP. Going for something unique is always nice but I just want a simple turbo set up. This is a two year project so I have time and I'll money. But I just a simple turbo set up with a good tune and good suspension.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:27 PM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

jsut put an sr20 in that bitch...i know redshift has one.

Quick Reply: AE86 Build