Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Advice

Old 04-17-2004, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fraud has disabled reputation
Default Advice

Im just getting into car scene, I have a 91 camaro RS ( trying to sell fast as possible) and was thinking of getting a 92-95 civic...thats what im leaning torwards..any advice (motor , engine mods, whatever would make it faster,im leaning more torwards engine specs over exterior appearance, suggestions would be appreciative) I dont have one yet...gotta sell my camaro first.

Thnx
Fraud

Last edited by Fraud; 04-17-2004 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:38 PM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate
Default Re: Advice

your about to embark on a very crazy journy. all you gotta do is a VERY basic search and you'll find about 10000 different answers for your question... i'll give you a list of words to search... you take from it the data and make up your own mind:

b16
b18
hybrid
civic swap

search those..
Old 04-17-2004, 08:46 PM

ya thats what i was looking for...b16 couldnt think of it ....my friend has like 3 zc b16's he will sell me 1 for 300$ ( they are whole engings i think)
Old 04-17-2004, 08:46 PM

oh ya....thnk u man .... for even replying....and so i should just do research ??? and learn what one would be better
Old 04-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

wow. like crate suggested, you're going to find yourself swamped with info if you don't have a clear gameplan.

one of the benefits of honda being so popular, is that there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of websites chock full of information. not to mention there are more than plenty of people on this site who have tons of experience building up fast hondas.

but above all, research research research.

because there is so much stuff available for the civic, it would be beneficial for you to do as much research as you can now, before you even buy the car. that way, you know what to look for, know what parts to get, etc. etc..

welcome to the board, have fun learning
Old 04-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Banned

_Red_Rocket_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fraud
ya thats what i was looking for...b16 couldnt think of it ....my friend has like 3 zc b16's he will sell me 1 for 300$ ( they are whole engings i think)
hmmm...what is a zcb16?

they are 2 diff. motors dude. ZC and a b16
Old 04-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suggest the H22A swap in a hatch, if you don't like hatches go with a coupe but the H22 if built right can be a very potent motor. I would also urge you to look into VW's very nice cars IMO. Oh and if I can get away with saying this without getting flamed by a domestic lover, welcome to the light
Old 04-18-2004, 03:13 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

my recomendation, is buy honda tuning magazine, and a few of the other sport compact magazines and start reading...youd be surprised what you learn. another good site to look on is www.hondaswap.com they have alot of good articles. good luck
Old 04-18-2004, 04:30 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

I want to know why the hell you are going from the best year of the Camaro to a fucking Civic? HOw much you getting rid of the Camaro for? I'm in the market, so to speak...
Old 04-18-2004, 07:30 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MerF
I want to know why the hell you are going from the best year of the Camaro to a fucking Civic? HOw much you getting rid of the Camaro for? I'm in the market, so to speak...
3rd gen the best year?

Quick Reply: Advice