Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Acura TSX: Test Drive and Review

Old 04-17-2003, 07:58 AM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch
Default Acura TSX: Test Drive and Review

Well today me and jessica went over to Hall Acura on Holland RD to see my buddy Tag and to drive the new TSX. The TSX is actually the Accord Type-R in Europe.

The exterior of the car is pretty nice, its got a pretty agressive looking front end and a nice looking back end. Simple design of the taillights with the chrome tiped dual exhaust, very clean looking. Side of the car uses a chrome accent on the door handles and lights in the mirrors for added turnsignals. 17" rims with all wheel disc brakes also look very nice on the vehicle. Overall i like the exterior of the car a lot. looks great for a sporty sedan.

The interior of the car is almost identical to the new ACCORD. The dash is slighty different but overal designed around the same concept. interior features include a 6disk indash changer with 270 watt speakers, auotmatic climate control with dual climate zones for passenger and driver. audio and cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. tilt and telescoping steering wheel, 8 way power adjustment seat with heated seats for passenger and driver. The light colored interior has a light wood trim that to me looks very cheap. ive never seen a wood interior that looked like a really bad plastic. the dark interior has the "stainless steal" trim on the interior that looks great. Its by far my favorite of the interiors. the only option for the car that can be added is navigation. its voice activated and satelite linked, same system in the new ACCORD. overall i love the look and features of the interior, darker is best and navigation is awsome!

Under the hood is a 2.4 liter DOHC IVTEC motor with 200 horses, with an option of 5spd automatic or 6spd manual.

starting price on the vehicle is $26,990 and about 2k more for navigation.

I think this is the perfect car for someone who wants an RSX but needs the space of a honda accord. When i have a kid (no time soon) i think i may have to get rid of the S and into a TSX
Old 04-17-2003, 08:01 AM
why5oh

jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s

it's not exactly the same thing as the accord r. the accord r has more hp. :P
Old 04-17-2003, 09:13 AM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

well uh did you drive it?
Old 04-17-2003, 09:53 AM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

Originally posted by JETSWU87
well uh did you drive it?
yeah, it drove really nice. it feels really bottom heavy like a bmw or an audi. its got a real german feel in the drive. 200 horses is ok, the 6spd is fine but the auto might be sluggish. it was enough power to satisfy me in a luxury sedan.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:40 PM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

um yeah....the 2003 Accord is basically teh 2000+ accord type r in europe. same design specifications and what not, with a small amount of improvement. dont get too over excited. although the 03 accord v-6 is sportin 240 horses, with a close ratio 6 speed transmission, and a 3.0 VTEC engine....i've been here and there driving a coupe, and it picks up for sure for something so stock. the handling on it is definitely remarkable. i took it on a couple roads in williamsburg with insane turns, and it handled them quite well. suspension is beautiful, smooth, and tight. like fuckin a chic who runs marathons.
since i'm goin to be leavin for reenlistment soon, imma have to put a hold on gettin the 03 accord sports edition, with comes with hondas own little customized suspension package, which i was hoping you could fill me in on, matt. get back at me, because that is definitely the ride i'm going to be looking for. peace.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

200hp? thats weak !

my wife laughed at the 210hp the new Saab 9-3 is putting out

As far as near luxury sports sedans go I think the Volvo S60 T5 and Saab 9-5 Aero are nice
Old 04-17-2003, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

so no more used saab?
Old 04-17-2003, 04:04 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Originally posted by TheRoxorcist
it's not exactly the same thing as the accord r. the accord r has more hp. :P
Actually, it is the same samething as the Accord R. the TSX has the 2.4L 200 hp torquey motor. (7200 Rpms)

But when they bring out the TSX-S it supposed to drop it down to the 2.0L 220hp high reving motor(8,000)....the same thing thats in the Accord R's. Both with 6 speed transmissions, I-VTEC, drive-by-wire throttle system, which has no direct mechanical link between the accelerator pedal and the engine,Vehicle Stability Assist with traction control and a bunch of other crap.

So he was correct on comparing it to the Accord R, The interior, and exterior is the same...... But he didnt get specific on the engine specs and the model. No biggie. (they dont have the Type S yet here for tsx.)

Last edited by s2k7; 04-17-2003 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:04 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I just want to point out that Saab and Volvo are like the european Ford and Chevy....Rob, get an S4
Old 04-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

I'm trying...nice ones are about 26K
I guess that fits into Kell's "under 30" car request

I was looking at the others b/c they are cheaper and I wouldn't be so tempted to mod them as I would an S4. With my plans for my other 2 I can't have 3 projects !

Quick Reply: Acura TSX: Test Drive and Review