Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Acura NSX

Old 04-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Srsly.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Acura NSX

Originally Posted by NSX*****
as in, when I drive the car aggressively, the gas needle on the fuel gauge barely moves at all.
Oh.

What do these cars have, like a 50 gallon tank of something?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:41 AM
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

Originally Posted by dave22
17/22.

And that's based on the "new" EPA numbers. High 20s/low 30s aren't unheard of.
Yeah my dad's gets 29-31ish mpg
Old 04-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

Originally Posted by S2KRyan
That's why YOU would buy it...

It's a performance machine that was built for a purpose and it performs that function very well, esp. for the time period it was introduced. I'm pretty sure that's why it is the great automobile that is world reknowned. Not because of it's "style" or "uniqueness". It's a long-life, affordable (used) supercar made by a manufacturer that was currently producing econo boxes at the time it was made. And as a supercar it preformed aginst other supercars and did an amazing job.

I don't appreciate the NSX for it's looks or how rare it is. It was built to do something better than other cars and it did just that.That's why I would buy one. I can't wait for Honda to step out with the next modern class leader.
early in the thread there was a lot of performance bashing and to be honest... its a supercar, but its not a ferrari... the car is sweet no matter how you stack it, but in the category that it belongs some might say it doesnt compete. my argument was that there are other things to consider...
Old 04-26-2008, 09:12 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by HONDAS_ONLY
early in the thread there was a lot of performance bashing and to be honest... its a supercar, but its not a ferrari...
Of course it's not a Ferrari. It smashed every Ferrari except one at the time and did it with the ease of use and reliability of an Accord.

The NSX forced Ferrari to take a step back and look at how they built cars. Now Ferrari builds better cars.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Of course it's not a Ferrari. It smashed every Ferrari except one at the time and did it with the ease of use and reliability of an Accord.

The NSX forced Ferrari to take a step back and look at how they built cars. Now Ferrari builds better cars.
That's the point I was trying to make. Thanks Dave.

You have to compare it to the cars it was going up aginst when it was introduced. That's why it deserves so much respect. Most of these guys on this site compare it to new cars like the Z06 or whatever.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:43 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by Flite
The NSX will go down as one of history's most amazing and influential cars. Trust.
Ahem..... Bingo
Old 04-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by S2KRyan
You have to compare it to the cars it was going up aginst when it was introduced. That's why it deserves so much respect. Most of these guys on this site compare it to new cars like the Z06 or whatever.
But it was sold against more modern cars since then and doesn't compete. It deserves respect but it has become outdated.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:03 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by Mongoose87
... but it has become outdated.
So has an F40. So has a 250 GTO. So has a 300 SL. So has an E type... Do I need to go on?

Any car that was designed and built that long ago will eventually become outdated. That takes NOTHING away from the fact that they are some of the most amazing cars of all time.

The NSX is one of the worlds most incredible cars... period.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:06 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by Flite
So has an F40.
You take it back you son of a bitch.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:48 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Originally Posted by titz
You take it back you son of a bitch.
+1 F40 is still a hell of a car.

Quick Reply: Acura NSX