Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Acting as your own lawyer...

Old 10-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT
Default Acting as your own lawyer...

Has anyone done it?
My cousin just got completely out of a reckless racing ticket by acting as his own lawyer!

Last edited by 1aznTT; 10-24-2007 at 07:32 PM. Reason: piece of shit spelling error
Old 10-24-2007, 11:48 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Acting as your own lawyer...

Originally Posted by 1aznTT
Has anyone done it?
My cousin just got completely out of a wreckless racing ticket by acting as his own lawyer!
You must have acted as your own English teacher since you can't spell "reckless"
Old 10-24-2007, 11:49 AM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

I don't see how that happened especially with the new fines in effect. I got one with the new laws and got raped. jail time + suspended license + big fine.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

Every case is different ..
Old 10-24-2007, 12:18 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by SpoolnSRT4
Every case is different ..
Yeah, but to go in there for something like that, and get away completely free doesn't happen very much. Unless the OP is leaving out details.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

Originally Posted by NFCstang
You must have acted as your own English teacher since you can't spell "reckless"
LMAO!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

Originally Posted by NFCstang
Hey,
Got owned there. I actually do know how to spell "reckless", it's just...when I was 16, I received a reckless ticket and the OFFICER spelled it "wreckless" I thought it was so hilarious, however, since have not been able to clear it from my mind, haha! Now I'm doing it. But whatever.

also, you'd notice, I was speaking about a relative doing this, not myself ;P

<3
Old 10-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

Originally Posted by Mus96tang
Yeah, but to go in there for something like that, and get away completely free doesn't happen very much. Unless the OP is leaving out details.

Basically, he argued there was no "visual confirmation" as there were more than one vehicle on the road at the time.

There was a lot of questioning going on, between my cousin and the cop. He drilled the cop with questions. He's young, 21...AND has a horrible record...but couldn't justify spending more money on his dumbass mistakes...so he decided he'd either bite the big one this time, or handle it himself, without spending another 650.00. He spent a lot of time in a library, with the code books, or whatever, and then ...it was amazing.

The FINAL line, was because the cop couldn't prove it was DEFINITELY him through some form of visual confirmation, that was CONCRETE, they just let him go.

Gloucester Court.

The shittiest court house with the shittiest judge.
FTW.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:34 PM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

I just went to court in VB for reckless and 3 other charges and got my reckless knocked down to speeding, fine dismissed on one other charge, and the last 2 were dismissed.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

Originally Posted by yeldak99
I just went to court in VB for reckless and 3 other charges and got my reckless knocked down to speeding, fine dismissed on one other charge, and the last 2 were dismissed.

Did you say anything? Or did they just do it for you?

Quick Reply: Acting as your own lawyer...