VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   712HP EK Civic. (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/712hp-ek-civic-28971/)

S dot Camp 10-15-2003 12:50 PM

Originally posted by Mr.2
if you want more than a drag car, then yes.
Isn't that what it is? How often do you think a motor that revs to 9500 rpm would be lingering around 5500 rpm?

S dot Camp 10-15-2003 12:53 PM

Originally posted by reuter
that civic is making over 700hp... but isnt making over 400hp til almost 6,000 rpms. it probably lags like hell.
Who cares about lag. If you want to make big power numbers efficiently with Honda motors you have to use a large turbine. Large turbines are normally associated with lag when you use them on small displacement engines.

Mr.2 10-15-2003 01:08 PM

Originally posted by 0psi
Isn't that what it is? How often do you think a motor that revs to 9500 rpm would be lingering around 5500 rpm?
i never said it wasnt. i just answered your question.

S dot Camp 10-15-2003 01:11 PM

Originally posted by Mr.2
i never said it wasnt. i just answered your question.
Just making sure. :D

Mr.2 10-15-2003 01:18 PM

personally it would be for me, but thats just me. im not into drag racing. im building my car to have a broad powerband (rather than peak power) that i can take to the track (the kind with turns), run the piss out of it, and drive it home with no problem. but hey, if you want to go for peak power and low et's then go ahead with your bad self. its your thing, have fun with it.

1badITR 10-15-2003 01:29 PM

The lag is a good thing. He can get the car moving before all the power comes on. Lag is a good thing when there are traction issues.

rhman15 10-15-2003 03:16 PM

Originally posted by 1baditr
The lag is a good thing. He can get the car moving before all the power comes on. Lag is a good thing when there are traction issues.
That is true. If you had all that power low in the rpm's it would be spin city in fwd. Kinda bothers me that the slick is hitting the fender in the vid, not a good thing. In regards to Carter's post yes I would take it but it is still a dyno queen.;)

RatedV 10-15-2003 05:18 PM

Originally posted by rhman15
That is true. If you had all that power low in the rpm's it would be spin city in fwd. Kinda bothers me that the slick is hitting the fender in the vid, not a good thing. In regards to Carter's post yes I would take it but it is still a dyno queen.;)
you mean like the Forced induction racing inc. 460 Hp Spec-V that makes so much torq it can spin the slicks off if they arent screwed on throught the wheel? Thats what i call traction issues.......

On another note, if you can go to 9000 and make mad power then why would it be a dyno queen? I mean shit, from 5500 to 9000 come on thats a lot of time to put it to the ground.....And lets face reality guys, that car would destroy 7 out of 10 car owners cars on this forum......

Stillpushin 10-15-2003 09:59 PM

much more than that i am talking tlike 9.5 more than that, atleast.

Stillpushin 10-15-2003 09:59 PM

show me dyno's of anyone on this site of more whp than that. REALLY.