VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   6 months later I get into ANOTHER accident..need opinions (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/6-months-later-i-get-into-another-accident-need-opinions-162294/)

Royalty 11-02-2006 08:55 AM

6 months later I get into ANOTHER accident..need opinions

Hello all,
Some of you may remember seeing my past a few months back about me getting rear ended. Well yesterday as soon as I got off work I got hit again.
Tim I should have stayed and talked to you longer :(

Same thing as last accident, Im at a dead stop and someone slams into the back of me.

Now I have a few things that make this different.

1. I was just discharged from my therapist (2 weeks ago) and considered recovered from my previous accident (6 months ago).
2. My back is spasming and hurting like crazy, its like my old pains all over again.

I called my lawyer and she laughed. I'm goign to go see her today for her advise. I'm aware that any advice she gives me is going to be in my (and her) best interest. So i'm asking a 3rd party.

Do you think I should let the lawyer handle this accident too or should I just settle it myself?

WishIHadaSilvia 11-02-2006 09:06 AM

Re: 6 months later I get into ANOTHER accident..need opinions

That is a tough call. You can pretty much guarantee if you go to court the other person will have a lawyer because it is all there fault. It would be a better case for you if you do have a lawyer. If you'd rather not go to court then try and settle it yourself, but if the person starts dicking you around (you need to set up something in writing and make sure you go to the doctor to prove your back pains ect) you can always pull the "I'll see you in court" line.

Boost609 11-02-2006 09:15 AM

Wow, what luck...

86montess 11-02-2006 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Boost609 (Post 2578416)
Wow, what luck...

get a job :D

blah 11-02-2006 09:20 AM

Screw the other person's insurance they shouldn't have ran into you, go for the lawyer.

J spectnr 11-02-2006 09:31 AM

sorry to hear about your accident; but i would go the lawyer route especially if there are medical issues involved, especially your back. those bills can really rack up pretty bad. good luck in the future though, maybe a big truck.

s2kattracks 11-02-2006 09:38 AM

Yea, I would use a lawer also, just because of your previous back pains. Who knows, they might get alot worse then last time.

Good luck with the recovery man!

grkgyro87 11-02-2006 10:16 AM

damn dude that sux... but i'd get a lawyer just cuz i really dont know about jack about suing people and what not... even though they do cost an arm and a leg

200+hp240sx 11-02-2006 03:36 PM

with everyone above, it will help to get a lawyer

ebs0764 11-02-2006 03:44 PM

Let your lawyer deal with it... unless you are experienced in negotiations with insurance companys. Bet your ass they have a lawyer looking at it.