Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

240sx challenge???

Old 08-14-2003, 03:07 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brssmnky is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha. Little known secret, mine are older than that. They came off Yuri's S14. I don't feel any diffference, they are as rock solid as ever, but I'm sure they could use a rebuild. Contemplating putting them on ebay and getting JIC's. Depends on how difficult it is to get them rebuilt.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

I am ignorant please explain exactly what and where this road coarse is. I sounds like something I would love to do.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:16 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally posted by Greaser
you sure you not gonna worry about the kaaz falling out of the car and rolling in the dirt?
I'm always worried about that After all the person that installed it used a hammer to beat it in

I really need to do something about brakes before then. I still got stock everything all the way around, even pads
Old 08-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Brssmnky
Ha. Little known secret, mine are older than that. They came off Yuri's S14. I don't feel any diffference, they are as rock solid as ever, but I'm sure they could use a rebuild. Contemplating putting them on ebay and getting JIC's. Depends on how difficult it is to get them rebuilt.
oh yeah i remember we talked about that. yuri barely used them though.

i think its in my head, but the car feels softer than when i first put them on. i dont remember the car rolling so much when i first got the whole setup (azzennis with hks setups) done, now just getting back from another track event, she rolls a little more than i like on the track.

i wanna take them off, take them apart and try to push and pull on the piston at different dampening settings.

Last edited by Greaser; 08-14-2003 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by eng
I'm always worried about that After all the person that installed it used a hammer to beat it in

I really need to do something about brakes before then. I still got stock everything all the way around, even pads

HAHAHHAHHAAH i remember i nearly lost a couple fingers. out of all the installs of LSD's i've done. yours was the one i remember most worrying about coming back with a locked up rear end from the lash being wrong. but its been this long, it woulda locked up the first night if somethign was wrong.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Originally posted by ZweetdreamZ
I am ignorant please explain exactly what and where this road coarse is. I sounds like something I would love to do.
road atlanta is a track in Atlanta Georgia

VIR is Virginia International Raceway in danville VA

Summit point is somewhere in the hills of West Virginia.

do a search on www.google.com for any of these track names and you'll find all the info you need.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

Originally posted by Greaser
oh yeah i remember we talked about that. yuri barely used them though.

i think its in my head, but the car feels softer than when i first put them on. i dont remember the car rolling so much when i first got the whole setup (azzennis with hks setups) done, now just getting back from another track event, she rolls a little more than i like on the track.

i wanna take them off, take them apart and try to push and pull on the piston at different dampening settings.
I do have some slop in the front now. I thought it was the coilover, but I looked under the car and voila, bushing gel all over the place. NO EXCUSES, I will be ready. My car sounds less and less intimidating as this thread goes on. Shit talking must start soon.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

I have no clue how we would go about getting in on a track, would we have to rent it out? What are our options?
Old 08-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

we'd have to look to a couple sites that do open track events

speedtrials usa
lookout drift (they usually follow where track events are)
NASA racing

then sign up. OR look to the enthusiast clubs, BMW, Ferrari, Porschce, ect and find out which of them have dates setup where 30+ of them have spent money to rent the track. we squeez in and violla!

i think the first option is easiest. but we would need several timers to make the shit talking more competive. Actually we probably couldnt do it with track time, since you can only pass on straight aways during open track time. no passing in corners since its not door to door racing event.

the only way we could race door to do is to spend 5-10,000 on a NA honda and race in the honda challenge.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:17 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

Tail of the Dragon.

Quick Reply: 240sx challenge???