VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   2 fast 2 furious (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/2-fast-2-furious-15936/)

businessspice 05-23-2003 09:44 AM

2 fast 2 furious

I just saw another preview for this movie, I can't wait to see the onslaught of ricers that come pouring out of the woodwork after this movie comes out. There are true enthusiats and then there are ricers.

I only know that once this movie comes out, you will see spraypainted graphics on a 88 Pontiac Grand Prix with chrome hubcaps, a homemade wing, purple tint, and a PEP BOYS exhaust ..... with plywood ground effects, oh and you can't forget the LED washer fluid sprayers.

WOW! I look forward to it.

Quick import question:
"what Japanese company is considered by the majority of Japan's racing circuit and Japan's street racers to be the best exhaust available in Japan? Name it for .... head from my mom.

urvtecs2slo 05-23-2003 09:45 AM

ive always wanted to do this, but never had a chance to...

in before the lock!!

SHOFEAR94 05-23-2003 09:51 AM

Darren94 said it best.. "I don't even need to see the movie, I'm going to just wait outside in the theater parking lot for the ricers to start leaving..."

oldschool7 05-23-2003 10:04 AM

:o :o :o

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...8/fd8063af.jpg

businessspice 05-23-2003 10:07 AM

Uncle Ben's has taken 30 years to be the best rice producer, 2 fast and 2 furious takes approximately 2 hours.

that's my dad dude, not funny

businessspice 05-23-2003 10:08 AM

so, anyone know the best exhaust available to the public in Japan? C'mon ....

Victum 05-23-2003 10:18 AM

business****e, last time i checked, you had gay graphics on your car... and a stupid ricer wing. thx.

h22a4 05-23-2003 10:25 AM

Hey, what dictionary did you get the definition of ricer from?

P.S. I don't think anyone's interested in your trivia.

Sincerely,
your 10 year veteran

weavil 05-23-2003 10:52 AM

That wing, those graphics, that paint, them big rims, they is hott y0.

SCOOBY STEVE 05-23-2003 10:58 AM

jic magic has a nice ass titanium exhaust

quicsvr 05-23-2003 11:32 AM

damn, I only knew the meaning of JDM. Guess the fact that I'm naturally aspirated and don't know about turbos makes me a ricer instead of an enthusiast. Guess that means I can admit it now, and go get that wing, and the carbon fiber mirrors like you have. Those will make me faster, right? Carbon fiber=fast. That point wasn't made in the first movie, hopefully it will be in the second so us non-enthusiasts will get a clue. JDM yo!

Rguy 05-23-2003 11:43 AM

Who the fuck cares what the best exhaust available to the public in Japan is? Thats purely your opinion and not based on any fact.

SCOOBY STEVE 05-23-2003 11:54 AM

he must have a small penis

72NOVA 05-23-2003 12:03 PM

Re: 2 fast 2 furious

Originally posted by business****e
There are true enthusiats and then there are ricers. If you cannot define JDM, understand the workings of a T3/T4 hybrid and how it's different from a T3 or t4, correctly pronounce BRIDE (sounds like BRID) and you don't know the only color takata harnesses come in ... then you are either a ricer or a novice car enthusiast.
I dont know any of that, i must be a novice. I guess working on engines all my life, setting up race suspensions, briefly working on an f1 go kart, assisting a top fuel crew and building my own car from scratch count for nothing :(

businessspice 05-23-2003 12:07 PM

hahaha, wow ... I had no idea that this many people don't know that much about the import scene.

I agree, my car is even more ricey than I would ever want it to be, but when your company caters to a large group of import enthusiasts which normally crave attention, then you give yourself a moving billboard. I own a sign company and do vehicle graphics as well, so of course I'm going to put graphics on my car and make it stand out as much as I can, that's the whole point to advertising. If I had my way I'd be driving a very stock looking 93 civic running low 10's, but then again that wouldn't promote my graphics business.

I'm just shocked that for as many import enthusiats that claim to be in VA Beach, only a small portion understand the sport/hobby and where it originated from.

The #1 Japanese exhaust is Fujitsubo ... sorry, I guess I get head from my mom.

businessspice 05-23-2003 12:09 PM

Re: Re: 2 fast 2 furious

Originally posted by 72NOVA
I dont know any of that, i must be a novice. I guess working on engines all my life, setting up race suspensions, briefly working on an f1 go kart, assisting a top fuel crew and building my own car from scratch count for nothing :(
You've worked on engines all your life and don't know what a Garrett T3/T4 hybrid is .... don't touch my car, that's basic knowledge.

72NOVA 05-23-2003 12:12 PM

Sorry all motor v8's are my thing, ill try to deal with turbos more often. I know of the t3/4 turbo, just guessing i would say that you use a t3 housing with the t4 compressor wheel.

businessspice 05-23-2003 12:18 PM

Just make sure what I'm saying ... there is a difference between a mechanic, a ricer, a hobbyist, and an actual import enthusiast.

Don't get all bent outta shape if you think you're being called a ricer even though you can rip apart a B18 and put it back together. If so, I'd consider you a great mechanic. But a mechanic does not have to be an import enthusiast.

I'm good friends with Dwight at Auto Solution. He's 35 or so and I consider him to be a master import mechanic, but does he know that Takata only makes kelly green harnesses, heck no. Could he run circles around me when talking engine blueprinting, heck ya. I'm not a master mechanic, just like anyone that can tune their fuel management system isn't necesarily a ricer because they don't about the JGTC circuit.

72NOVA 05-23-2003 12:21 PM

Re: 2 fast 2 furious

There are true enthusiats and then there are ricers. If you cannot define JDM, understand the workings of a T3/T4 hybrid and how it's different from a T3 or t4, correctly pronounce BRIDE (sounds like BRID) and you don't know the only color takata harnesses come in ... then you are either a ricer or a novice car enthusiast.
By your description i am either a novice or a ricer.

businessspice 05-23-2003 12:21 PM

Sorry all motor v8's are my thing, ill try to deal with turbos more often. I know of the t3/4 turbo, just guessing i would say that you use a t3 housing with the t4 compressor wheel.
Exactly, you are far from a novice or ricer, and I never meant to put anyone in that category. See, talking about Domsetic cars ... all I know is I don't want one ... and nothing else, I know nothing about domestics.

But we all know a ricer when we see one, when they have no clue about anything dealing with the import scene. As I said before, a 88 Grand Prix with chrome hub caps, a big APC sticker and LED washer fluid sprayers.

72NOVA 05-23-2003 12:24 PM

So then im a novice with 10+ years of experiance??

businessspice 05-23-2003 12:25 PM

Re: Re: 2 fast 2 furious

By your description i am either a novice or a ricer.
Yup you were correct, my bad when I was typing ... I was writing while on lunch and eating some Frito's so I wasn't paying as much attention to the way I meant it .... sorry and edited (for her pleasure).

businessspice 05-23-2003 12:27 PM

So then im a novice with 10+ years of experiance??
If you wanna call yourself a novice and not a master mechanic, then go right ahead but I'd figure you'd know your stuff after 10 years! That's too bad man

72NOVA 05-23-2003 12:28 PM

I do know my stuff, but by default if i didnt know what the t3/4 was im a novice. Was my guess close?

weavil 05-23-2003 12:30 PM

Your logic is retarded. My friend could probably spit out every useless spec every written about cars and make it sound like he knows what he's saying, but if he had to turn a wrench he'd break an arm.

Get off your high horse.

businessspice 05-23-2003 12:33 PM

Yeah you're dead on, I know that you know your stuff and you know that you do too. Yo uknow I'd never call someone like you a ricer/novice or whatever else. But I also know that you know of the exact type of kids I'm talking about ... none of us can stand em.

A T3/T4 hybrid uses the lightweight T3 turbine wheel and the high airflow characteristics of the T4 compressor.

You know your stuff.

businessspice 05-23-2003 12:35 PM

Originally posted by weavil
Your logic is retarded. My friend could probably spit out every useless spec every written about cars and make it sound like he knows what he's saying, but if he had to turn a wrench he'd break an arm.

Get off your high horse.

Well why didn't you have your friend log on an tell me Fujitsubo? It woulda got ya head from my mom.

boodussi808 05-23-2003 12:36 PM

Mann Dwight owes me $100.00 bucks..don't master imports make any $$$ he's alwayz broke...hmm:mad:

businessspice 05-23-2003 12:37 PM

Hey 72Nova, what car did you run 167 mph in? Nova I'm guessing? that's pretty sweet if so, my dad had a 73 nova with a 350 ....

72NOVA 05-23-2003 12:42 PM

That was a pic i found, it looked cool so i used it. I dont think my nova would do 70.

businessspice 05-23-2003 12:46 PM

oh sorry, my bad. My dad had a Nova like I was saying that he made pretty fast, I thoguht you may have ran the 167 in your Nova, my dad would pee his diapers if so...

weavil 05-23-2003 02:17 PM

Well why didn't you have your friend log on an tell me Fujitsubo? It woulda got ya head from my mom.
I have better things to do @ work then call up my friend so he could answer some bullshit SUBJECTIVE quesiton that you asked.

businessspice 05-23-2003 02:20 PM

In all friendliness, do you drive an import or domestic? truck or car? like I said ... in all friendliness, no bs.

And you don't even need to call your friend for this answer.

weavil 05-23-2003 02:28 PM

If you look @ my profile you'll see I have 2 Dodge cars (one daily, one pimpin jackstands) and the other is a jacked up redneck rigged Wrangler.

businessspice 05-23-2003 02:37 PM

I checked your Profile .... you have two Dodge Neon's?

Nevermind dude, you are a RICER!! HAHAHA

lemme guess you're rocking Altezza tailights, a PEP Boys exhaust, and LED washer fluid squirters ... right? or at least 1 of the three. Don't get mad man, ricers have just as much say as anyone else in the world. Think, if it wasn't for ricers, APC wouldn't be in business .... if you're rocking an APC sticker on your car then there's definitely your answer.

If your neon isn't running that good lately, you may have to replace one of the hamsters ....

this whole thread is just stupid...

businessspice 05-23-2003 02:38 PM

ricers are people too, with real rice feelings ... I must respect that and apologize to all those affended.

93LudeSi 05-23-2003 02:46 PM

Not to be a dick and no I don't know you, but it's very hypocritical for you to call someone elses car that you haven't seen rice, seeing as how your car is considered by many the epitome of rice. I have seen in at ptown and have heard others talk about it. I'm not one to judge it because to each his own I guess, but for you to call someone elses car rice is ignorant (promoting your business or not).

oldschool7 05-23-2003 03:10 PM

http://www.orbit3d.com/bbs/blows.jpg

businessspice 05-23-2003 03:15 PM

I know, I guess this forum takes everything seriously all of a sudden? I'm only kidding, I don't have any room to call anyone else's ride anything ... I'm just f'in around for fun ... dats it ... take it as a joke.

I have a $60,000 bag of Uncle Ben's sittin in my garage.

Victum 05-23-2003 03:51 PM

isnt that sad though, that the mans neons would most likely own your mrs in a race... hahahaha

btw, WHERES YOUR DASH?!