Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

07 Speed3 TEST DRIVE

Old 10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol
Default 07 Speed3 TEST DRIVE

Ok well some of you know I have been looking at cars to buy...if you didnt well now you do.

So to the point - I got a call from Hall Mazda today and they tell me they have a speed3 Red in color. Since Im lazy though I figured I would call around on this side of the water turns out Casey has one too...apparently a little speed fairy drove around and dropped one off at almost every dealership in town.

Since Casey is the closest I told them I wanted to check it out and headed up there. I get there and shes sorta dirty, no state inspection, plastic still on everything and .3 miles on the odometer.

First impressions- The light blue gray color looks tons better in person than the online pics. The car has the same motor as the speed6 but only FWD although it does have an LSD.
The interior is awesome very well constructed and done tastefully with no fake wood or aluminum splashed around to cover poor design. Everything seems to fit with perfect rhyme and reason. The seats are very comfortable and support well on the shoulders and thighs. The rear seats even though they appear small on the outside, were surprisingly comfortable even with the driver seat in a perfect position for the driver. It has rear fold down seats and a middle arm rest. When the seats fold down there is ample space for snow boards and luggage just like a WRX wagon.

Audio - very nice no complaints -BOSE speakers all the way around with ample bass - easy controls and easy to work settings

Glove box - odd thing to mention but rather large and another oddity is the rear doors have cup holders in them

Driving - Well since it didnt even have an inspection sticker on it the dealer was very hesitant but I talked to him for a little bit and I think he was as anxious as me to drive it - So we took it for a spin he drove, my fiance rode shotty and me in the back ... Very comfortable subtle road noise and a very sporty suspension. Once we got down the road the dealer and I switched places and he let me have some fun. The car Accelerates like a beast and compared with the WRX it feels quicker. It turns tight and it drives very well. The car handled the road very well and took the some of the road ruts better than I would of thought. I enjoyed it a lot but he wouldnt let me really open it up or take it out very long so we headed back. Another note was the steering wheel also telescopes which I found very useful with my size and the way I like to sit.

Ok the negs - the Car I drove didn't have a sunroof or navi but had almost every other option. Also it seems the dealerships are getting crazy and trying to do the same thing that happened with the Civic si and throwing on an adjusted market value increase of $2,000.00

So to sum it up great car and great price - Only if you can get the dealer to go for MSRP or less.

Last edited by Will Sol; 10-24-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:51 PM
±RepLegion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20
Default Re: 07 Speed3 TEST DRIVE

Great review