Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

06 civic si coupe

Old 09-26-2005, 06:49 PM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Re: 06 civic si coupe

Originally Posted by jlgrtype
i have not to this date seen a miata go fast. ( zoom zoom zoom ).
and i have not seen a american stock 240 beat a american stock si 99-2000, and for that mater i have not seen a "built" 240 beat a built civic.
You don't get out much huh?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Originally Posted by Flite
You don't get out much huh?
He's the club president, usually that would involve office work, so my guess is no.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:47 AM

zebc2000 has disabled reputation

Not a sports car?

You must not have any idea of what a sports car is.

Just another idiot from the For Sale/Wanted forums. Go the fuck back there with the rest of the morons.

Duh. But faster nonetheless
Elise isn't a sports car? You don't know what a sports car is, it's as simple as that. Miatas are one of the few true sports cars left in the world.

douche

both you idiots are making no sense, if a car like the mx-5 can be called a sports car but even on boost it is still slow (178hp 2529lbs or 2948lbs if you get a/c) unlike the lotus mentioned above which is more of a sports car givin that it is not boosted and still makes 187hp and weighs in at only 1975lbs full of gas. so if flite is saying the mx-5 and the lotus are even on the same playing field you need serious help.

if you dumb ass's think i dont know what a sports car is then why dont you tell all of us idiots what the definition of a sports car is sense you two are all knowing.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Registered member

User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020

Originally Posted by zebc2000
Not a sports car?

Just another idiot from the For Sale/Wanted forums. Go the fuck back there with the rest of the morons.

both you idiots are making no sense, if a car like the mx-5 can be called a sports car but even on boost it is still slow (178hp 2529lbs or 2948lbs if you get a/c) unlike the lotus mentioned above which is more of a sports car givin that it is not boosted and still makes 187hp and weighs in at only 1975lbs full of gas. so if flite is saying the mx-5 and the lotus are even on the same playing field you need serious help.

if you dumb ass's think i dont know what a sports car is then why dont you tell all of us idiots what the definition of a sports car is sense you two are all knowing.
The definition of a sports car:

Modern day incarnation of a sports car:

Old 09-27-2005, 10:19 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

A sports car is RWD or AWD. That means only 2 Hondas qualify (and neither of them are a civic).
If you don't know that the Miata is a sports car (as are all roadsters) then you really need to get the fuck out, because it's obvious you're not qualified to participate in a debate among enthusiasts.

A little more info from Car and Driver:

2005 Mazdaspeed Miata
0-60 mph: 6.7 seconds

2006 Honda Civic Si
0-60 mph: 7.3 sec

That's more than a half a second difference. That Civic Si is a screamer all right.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:49 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Not a sports car?

A Miata is not on the same level as an Elise is, but they are both sports cars. Please do tell me what a sports car is then. By my definition the only mainstream TRUE sports caars in production today are the S2000, the Miata, and the Elise. The new Z-06 is as well if you call it mainstream. The new Solstice thing may be close but I don't know about it yet. These cars are undiluted, purpose built cars designed to give the driver maximum driving pleasure.

Please o' Sultan of the sports car, do tell me what you would define as a sports car, and explain to me why a Miata is not a sports car.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 AM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty sure near any RWD 2 seater w/ performance in mind is a sports car.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Originally Posted by blaxican25
A sports car is RWD or AWD. That means only 2 Hondas qualify (and neither of them are a civic).
If you don't know that the Miata is a sports car (as are all roadsters) then you really need to get the fuck out, because it's obvious you're not qualified to participate in a debate among enthusiasts.

A little more info from Car and Driver:

2005 Mazdaspeed Miata
0-60 mph: 6.7 seconds

2006 Honda Civic Si
0-60 mph: 7.3 sec

That's more than a half a second difference. That Civic Si is a screamer all right.
Edmunds 0-60 6.7
Car and Driver 0-60 7.3
Car Connection 0-60 7.5

Reason there is variations is because of when the people shifted. Car and driver says they shifted to 3rd before 60. They didnt redline it, shifting at about 8 when redline is 8300. For this smartass who said the civic is a screamer alright, well look at it this way from what the fuck I just told you, the mazda aint no screamer either. And thats what it was meant to be, thats why the mazdaspeed is boosted, and still just as fast as a "grocery getter".

Damn that mazdaspeed sure is a true sports car. It cant even fuck with a Plain ol stock civic si. By the way that "grocery getter" of a civic is suppose to run high 14's stock. With very minor mod's it is easily a very low 14 sec if not high 13 sec car.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

I didn't know forced induction was a minor mod.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

A Miata is not on the same level as an Elise is, but they are both sports cars. Please do tell me what a sports car is then. By my definition the only mainstream TRUE sports caars in production today are the S2000, the Miata, and the Elise. The new Z-06 is as well if you call it mainstream. The new Solstice thing may be close but I don't know about it yet. These cars are undiluted, purpose built cars designed to give the driver maximum driving pleasure.

Please o' Sultan of the sports car, do tell me what you would define as a sports car, and explain to me why a Miata is not a sports car.
I'd say the Solstice is. I saw one yesterday at the dealership. They are pretty little cars.

Quick Reply: 06 civic si coupe