Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

$1.7 million dollar CLK-GTR wont make it 10 blocks?

Old 06-24-2006, 06:34 PM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage
Default Re: $1.7 million dollar CLK-GTR wont make it 10 blocks?

I would be really pissed if my CLK-GTR had problems like that.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Chisle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TruckSS
It's kind of hard to call most of your list imports anymore. Most of them are made there, and most of the parts are make here. For Example the Toyota Camry has more "MADE IN THE USA" parts than the Ford Mustang. It appears the so called domestic manufacturer are looking over sea for cheaper parts and the so called import manufactures are making parts right here with a good old "MADE IN THE USA" stamp on them. Kind of mess with the idea of import reliability.
True indeed but would you want the car made in Japan, or made in the heart of the ghetto in Norfolk (ford plant which is closing)
Old 06-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

Deirdrea ccchr has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by CrazyCaucAzian8
im sorry but im biased and i love german cars, despite their shortcomings. Currently now there much much better than the late models especially in VW....but some still refute that one problem with a VW speaks for every VW and that they suck....simply not the case.
I have a vw that is 34 years old and i think that simply says it all. Most dependable car i have ever owned, i have had muscle cars, imports, fords, chevys, mercurys, buicks and out of all my lil bug is still cruzin' down the road.

I will say that i had a 2002 bug and i hated it, my dream vw is a corrado 90'

my 2 cents.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Where's the snow?

Chief_Rocka is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, sucks for that guy

Originally Posted by EEK
is mercedes owned by chrysler?

"The defendants named in the suit are DaimlerChrysler and its Mercedes-Benz subsidiary"

sounds like it
I don't think Chrysler owns mercedes anymore

Originally Posted by turbo98
JDM Yo!!!
hahaha
Old 06-25-2006, 05:31 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

I love how VW is brought up every time someone discusses quality issues regarding German cars. Guess what, VWs are bottom of the barrell German cars. Recently they've fixed a lot of their problems (ie electrical gremlins) as well.

Originally Posted by shy_guy98ex
japanese>german>usa
German>*

FWIW Japanese cars and American cars are actually getting more and more similar these days.

This is from someone who owns both a German and a Japanese car, and sells Fords.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:55 AM
Hereeeeesss Beezyy!

word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris

Originally Posted by Topik
I love how VW is brought up every time someone discusses quality issues regarding German cars. Guess what, VWs are bottom of the barrell German cars. Recently they've fixed a lot of their problems (ie electrical gremlins) as well.
My favorite VW electrical problem...

Having the brake lights permanently on.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:45 AM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

the cars may be built in ohio(like mine except the engine), tennessee, and other midwest states, but my honda was still designed in japan.... i think... hope....
Old 06-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

DMesa has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Paul
I guess you have a lot of experience with late model German cars?

Or would your statements be based on some threads you have read and partially remembered a few "facts" from?
I think it would be based on something like this:

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/08/pf/a...o_reliability/

Even VW acknowledges their vehicles have problems; the only people who don’t are fanboys and sack riders.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

DMesa has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Topik
So what’s your excuse for Mercedes?

That's a hell of a lot of money for some pretty shoddy cars.

Better yet, what’s your excuse for all of those E46 M3’s that kept throwing connecting rods through the side of the block? BMW claimed it wasn't their fault until well over 100 cases were reported. Owners got together and threatened a class action and all of a sudden BMW was ready to fix things but still refused to issue a recall. Yet future engines featured an assortment of revisions to the design including the oil pump and connecting rod bearings.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Interesting, because I know MANY people who own early model S54 powered cars and none of them have had problems. Its unfortunate that several people had problems with their car but I don't really think that you can compare it to a Honda or something like that where the cars are made to be economical. Those motors were putting out 333 hp NA absolutely stock. 100 people had problems out of the thousands of cars sold.

I never attempted to make an excuse for any car company (let alone Mercedes, I despise them). Right now I think you'd better slow your roll and stop being so confrontational.

Quick Reply: $1.7 million dollar CLK-GTR wont make it 10 blocks?