Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Window tint ticket

Old 11-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lawguy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Window tint ticket

Originally Posted by LudeBehavior21
I know that this has been addressed in the past but I was just wondering if it is even worth the time to actually try and fight a window tint ticket? I mean I bought the car like this, not that that is an excuse. Just don't want to go to court and then be told "oh well" and have to pay the court fees. I can always strip the windows I guess. How much is the the ticket total if you decide to pay upfront?
You're certainly taking a gamble if you assume that just taking the tint off will mean the judge will dismiss your ticket. If they're feeling nice the day you show up in court, then maybe you can get it dismissed if you've taken the tint off, but that's not even certain. If the ticket does stick, then you have to pay it, AND court costs.

I'd just prepay it and be done with the whole thing.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:28 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by newguy
You're certainly taking a gamble if you assume that just taking the tint off will mean the judge will dismiss your ticket. If they're feeling nice the day you show up in court, then maybe you can get it dismissed if you've taken the tint off, but that's not even certain. If the ticket does stick, then you have to pay it, AND court costs.

I'd just prepay it and be done with the whole thing.
I don't know about the courts in your area, but I've never seen them stick a ticket to someone for tint if they could prove that they had removed it. Maybe if you were a dick to the cop or something, that would be different.. but if you comply with the law, why would they throw the book at you figuratively speaking?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

lawguy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I don't know about the courts in your area, but I've never seen them stick a ticket to someone for tint if they could prove that they had removed it. Maybe if you were a dick to the cop or something, that would be different.. but if you comply with the law, why would they throw the book at you figuratively speaking?
Knowing that they may dismiss it, but they may not is not a risk that I'd take when I could just pay the $50-$75 and be done with it.

Last edited by lawguy; 12-13-2006 at 04:19 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Dub driver

volklover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LudeBehavior21
I know that this has been addressed in the past but I was just wondering if it is even worth the time to actually try and fight a window tint ticket? I mean I bought the car like this, not that that is an excuse. Just don't want to go to court and then be told "oh well" and have to pay the court fees. I can always strip the windows I guess. How much is the the ticket total if you decide to pay upfront?
What percentage is on the windows? Take it to the dealer and they can tell you- They aren't allowed to sell cars with illegal tint!
Old 11-23-2005, 06:58 PM

TeggyGSR is an unknown quantity at this point

dont quote me on this, but i have heard from a few sources that if you go to your local eye-examiner and tell them you need tinted windows because the sun bothers your eyes when driving, and ask for a waiver (or whatever you wanna call it) they will give you "doctors permission" to have the tint and no ticket will be issued. don't know how true this is but a few ppl that i have known along the way said they have tried this and it did work.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:51 PM
MLB! Lets GO!

Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas

Originally Posted by TeggyGSR
dont quote me on this, but i have heard from a few sources that if you go to your local eye-examiner and tell them you need tinted windows because the sun bothers your eyes when driving, and ask for a waiver (or whatever you wanna call it) they will give you "doctors permission" to have the tint and no ticket will be issued. don't know how true this is but a few ppl that i have known along the way said they have tried this and it did work.
im sure there is more to it than that.

ima ask my eye doctor next time i go, cuz that would be super.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:17 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by ste
im sure there is more to it than that.

ima ask my eye doctor next time i go, cuz that would be super.
From my understanding, it's only limited to 35% all the way around. Don't quote me on this though, but thats what we did if a wavier came thru.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:03 AM

slosvt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TeggyGSR

It is true, but you can only go to 35% all around and 70% on the windshield. However; if your mom, dad, bro, girlfriend, wife or anyone else is pulled over in your car, then they will still get a ticket. The waiver is only good for the person whose name is on the waiver...
Old 11-24-2005, 06:59 AM
its not a trans am..

99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6

ive been pulled over a few times in the past year, and i have 5% all around and ive never gotten a ticket. i always roll down the windows and be polite and they never notice
Old 11-24-2005, 07:16 AM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

my friend use to have a crx. he bought it with the exhaust on, and got a ticket. when he went to court he said he bought it like that, and the judge lethim go but said he wouldnt if he was back within 6 months

Quick Reply: Window tint ticket