Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where do you all live/rent/etc in VA beach????

Old 10-15-2003, 06:01 PM
New to Area

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SDEWYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where do you all live/rent/etc in VA beach????

Just move to VA, staying with family in Lexington and when my Fiance comes down in Dec we were gonna move to Roanoke, but now were thinking differently and looking at VA beach area, although everything I checked says cost of living is about average I have had trouble finding a decent 2br apt for anything under $700 a month. Anyone know the area well and can send me in a certain direction?
I wouldnt even object to living in Ches. either, or Norfolk, but have heard worse things about Norfolk then VA, but this is all based on statistics too.....you guy actually live here....I dont want a ghetto apt complex or neighborhood either.
So where do you all live, and for that matter work, Ill be looking for a new job when/if we had that way too. Thanks guys and girls.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

My Condo I bought is a 2 masterbed room(each has a shower/bath toilet and walk-in closet), washer/dryer, stove(electric), fridge, dishwasher, skylight and patio. I bought it in 99 for about $49,xxx. My monthly mortage is 310.00 I have digi cable, cable net, and phone...I don't pay water just electricity and condo fee. My monthly w/ everything is about $550-625 depending on electricity. Way cheaper then renting anything in the beach area. I know I've lived in 2 apartments RunawayBay and Chase Arbor stay away from those two!!! Rent was $900 no utilites paid yet. I live in NewPointe Condominiums on Newtown RD. and Baker..lol..on the nice side not the ghetto side. Hope that helps.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:17 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

^Live in the same neighborhood, like it a lot. You could also look into Chesapeake, it's hardly off th ebeaten path, and property value is a lot lower...more for less. Traffic gets shitty on rush hour...ok, maybe I should say MORE shitty, on the interstate in that direction.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:52 PM
New to Area

Thanks guys, yeah that does help. Sounds like a good option, do they have a website or any available that you know of? What is the condo fee? I dont know if I am in the postion to buy credit wise since we just sold our place in Maine 2 weeks ago, but def I would rather go that route, then rent.

So those that do rent, any recomendations? So what is the "ghetto" side and what is not....lol.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:36 PM

sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful dude. EVERYWHERE has a ghetto side to it.

I've been living in the same apartment now since 96. I live in Brookfield Apartments near where Indian River and Providence cross each other by the highway.

I say be careful 'cause when I moved in here it was great! 1200 sqr ft for 580. Rent went up about 10 a year and that was no prob. Great area. No vandalism, yadda yadda yadda.

Now there's 11 year old kids pulling guns on ya and a shooting death about once a year here in this apartment complex. You'd never know it though just by driving through. Just starting happening in the past couple years. Fixed income housing and all. It's soooo great.

Before you move in ANYWHERE make sure you talk to some tenants FIRST. Don't just rely on the rental office to tell you what's up. Talk to the peeps that live there before you move in.

I'm moving this december to a 1200 sqr ft townhome closer to where I work. I know it's a good area 'cause my rent is gonna be a grand! For the same size space I'm living in now!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2003, 08:03 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

There aren't many places in VA beach that aren't fixed income.

I used to live in Great Neck Villas, around hilltop; very nice area, but very expensive.

Was in a 3story "penthouse" townhouse. It's all old ladies, though.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

AliMac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where do you all live/rent/etc in VA beach????

Originally posted by SDEWYZ
Just move to VA, staying with family in Lexington and when my Fiance comes down in Dec we were gonna move to Roanoke, but now were thinking differently and looking at VA beach area, although everything I checked says cost of living is about average I have had trouble finding a decent 2br apt for anything under $700 a month. Anyone know the area well and can send me in a certain direction?
I wouldnt even object to living in Ches. either, or Norfolk, but have heard worse things about Norfolk then VA, but this is all based on statistics too.....you guy actually live here....I dont want a ghetto apt complex or neighborhood either.
So where do you all live, and for that matter work, Ill be looking for a new job when/if we had that way too. Thanks guys and girls.

Whoa! Where do you live in Lexington? Are you from there? And here's whats up.... Do not move to Roanoke. It's BLAH, VA Beach is not. VB, or Chesapeake maybe is where you and your fiance could start out in a fun town. Good luck, there's plenty of nice places around that aren't in the ghetto!!
Old 10-16-2003, 08:24 AM
TTTTIIIMMMAAAAAYYY!

dxplicitone has a spectacular aura aboutdxplicitone has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by _crs
My Condo I bought is a 2 masterbed room(each has a shower/bath toilet and walk-in closet), washer/dryer, stove(electric), fridge, dishwasher, skylight and patio. I bought it in 99 for about $49,xxx. My monthly mortage is 310.00 I have digi cable, cable net, and phone...I don't pay water just electricity and condo fee. My monthly w/ everything is about $550-625 depending on electricity.
this was a great buy... congrats on that...

and i agree with this guy... buying in is prolly the best way to go about it given that renting doesnt get you too far in the financial chain. most places you can pick up if you look (or have good realtor) for less that rent for an apt. Feb of this year i purchased a 3 bed/2 bath home 1600sq. ft. in a queit neighborhood near regent university. $115k... my monthly is $800 and we own the home... i do strongly recommend buying... good luck with your search and i hope this helps you a little.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:44 PM
New to Area

CRS......do you have a website or address for where you bought your condo??

If anyone knows the area well I think were are seriously considering purchasing a condo, so If anyone has a website to check that has some listed it would be great, or agencie sites that deal with them.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2003, 08:58 PM
show no mercy

2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC

hey everyone post where you live so our cars can be broken into some more, yea!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Where do you all live/rent/etc in VA beach????