Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where can I get fresh oysters and crawfish?

Old 05-16-2008, 02:18 PM
TRU
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where can I get fresh oysters and crawfish?

So I'm having a big crawfish boil and bbq at my house this summer, but I was wondering if there is anywhere that sells fresh oysters and crawfish locally? I'm in Newport News, but willing to drive to get them as long as they are fresh and in the area. Anybody here know a store/person/etc. that could help me out?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default Re: Where can I get fresh oysters and crawfish?

If you need and soft or hard crabs let me know. I can help you with that
Old 05-16-2008, 04:22 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

I'll let you know. I know I can order Crawfish overnight from the Gulf, but thats a pain in the ass. There has got to be someone locally that sells them.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Just go to the nearest creek/stream and start flipping over rocks. You're bound to have a crawdad swim out from under one.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:15 PM
TRU
Registered Member

At that rate it'll take years. Anybody else?
Old 05-16-2008, 09:31 PM
DANGEROUS

REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Just go to the nearest creek/stream and start flipping over rocks. You're bound to have a crawdad swim out from under one.
Around here, you would be lucky to find any.

Originally Posted by TRU
I'll let you know. I know I can order Crawfish overnight from the Gulf, but thats a pain in the ass. There has got to be someone locally that sells them.
Thats probably your best bet. However, if you do manage to find a place that has fresh caught crawfish, let me know.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by REKER
Around here, you would be lucky to find any.
Really? Why is that?
Old 05-17-2008, 04:37 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Summer time is not the season for oysters. You have to wait for September now.

As for crawfish I don't know.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:39 AM
Nudes or GTFO

aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe aznlyfe

Im pretty sure out in pungo theres a few small stands that have fresh crawfish...i should be going out there this weekend to surf so ill stop at a few and check for you
Old 05-17-2008, 04:42 PM
TRU
Registered Member

OK man, i appreciate it. I'm going to need like 30-40 lbs, haha

Quick Reply: Where can I get fresh oysters and crawfish?