Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Weight reduction from car.....

Old 10-02-2003, 09:49 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

LMAO @ all of you, funny stuff.......

as for the pplz in the car, all you need is a car with a lot of TQ and you can really feel the weight difference...I dont have the fastest car but the Spec is a reasonably torquey car, I put the girl who weighs maybe 100 pounds, me weighing now back at 170 instead of 190 (wooohooo i got a new mod) And my little boy who weighs in at a whopping 13 pounds, it feels like I'm driving a SI, I cant go anywhere till about 4K RPM's then CVTC kicks in and im out yo......(No offense to honda owners but they arent really good for torque *stock*).......Weight makes a huge difference.....
Old 10-03-2003, 12:32 PM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

I don't weigh in at around 130.. I removed as much shit from my car as I could stand. Saving weight makes a huge differance in how a car drives.

I'll only carry one other person than myself in the car. Removed the back seats and now have a 4 pnt cage so noone else could fit if they wanted to. The car is heavy enough as it is, i don't need anyone else weighing it down.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:53 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

has anyone heard this before?

for every 100 pounds you shave from your car, you gain 1/10 of a sec. in the 1/4

makes sense, just wondering if its true
Old 10-03-2003, 01:18 PM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

yeah its something like that...
Old 10-03-2003, 07:02 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

i thought it was for every 60 pounds you take off, you gain a 1/10th of a second on the 1/4 mile. thats if your in a compact car.
for bigger cars i believe i read it was for every 100 pounds you take off, u gain 1/10th of a second on the 1/4 mile
Old 10-03-2003, 09:37 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Dude...That makes NO sense. So if I pack my car full of people before I run, I'll drop a second easily
Old 10-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

blah. I'd show the math about this but I'm too lazy.

Basically, weight differences affect lighter cars more than a heavy car. In example, if you take my tank (3000GT VR-4) and lose 100 pounds off of it, then take 100 pounds off of my roommate's 01 Toyota spyder (it's for sale, pm me.), the lighter car, (spyder) will show a greater difference of 1/4 mile time.

p.s. - this example assumes that both cars start with an equal hp/weight ratio.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:04 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Originally posted by Spindrift187
Dude...That makes NO sense. So if I pack my car full of people before I run, I'll drop a second easily
sorry haha, i used the wrong words.. it was late give me a break. alright if u take the weight i said earlier off, you will get .1 seconds FASTER on the quarter mile depending on the amount of weight and how big the car is
Old 10-04-2003, 10:38 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by Shinobi
LMAO @ all of you, funny stuff.......

as for the pplz in the car, all you need is a car with a lot of TQ and you can really feel the weight difference...I dont have the fastest car but the Spec is a reasonably torquey car, I put the girl who weighs maybe 100 pounds, me weighing now back at 170 instead of 190 (wooohooo i got a new mod) And my little boy who weighs in at a whopping 13 pounds, it feels like I'm driving a SI, I cant go anywhere till about 4K RPM's then CVTC kicks in and im out yo......(No offense to honda owners but they arent really good for torque *stock*).......Weight makes a huge difference.....

Uh....... Its cars with torque that would cause you to NOT feel a difference...cause theres..yeah..torque..

The only difference that I feel when theres a carload of people in my Formula - is its alot more difficult to get sideways when slamming second.. due to the extra weight on tires. Aside from that I seriously feel no difference.

Torque.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:28 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by flo w fx
Uh....... Its cars with torque that would cause you to NOT feel a difference...cause theres..yeah..torque..

The only difference that I feel when theres a carload of people in my Formula - is its alot more difficult to get sideways when slamming second.. due to the extra weight on tires. Aside from that I seriously feel no difference.

Torque.
I meant you can feel the lack of power in a torquier not that it was a bad thing to have a torque wild car......I think you guys are taking this a little different than how i meant it.........but its all good.....We;re all in agreeance weight makes a difference....

Quick Reply: Weight reduction from car.....