VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   757 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/)
-   -   speeding/reckless tickets (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/speeding-reckless-tickets-326893/)

jaila04 01-03-2010 06:11 PM

speeding/reckless tickets

alright i was on my way back home from firestone after taking pics with friends, and i was at london bridge va beach and got pulled over by a van cop. saw him from a distance but didnt get so slow down fast but i knew i was speeding i was goin 65 according to my spedometer, but when he pulled me over he said i was going 72 on 45mph. I tried explaining but it seems like i was just wasting my breathe and effort so when he went back to his vehicle i called my friend JUSTIN.... I told him what happen and how fast the cop told me i was going, cop said i was going 72mph. soo blahh blahh blahhh then came back to hand me the ticket, soo i sign it right away so i can just go home and he just told me to get my spedo checkout cuz i was trying to tell him that i just did a swap and im sure that its not accurate. but didnt listen.. and here's the boilling point!!! showed my ticket to my GF and found out that it written on the paper that i was going 78 on 45!!! WTF so i called my friend again just to make sure what i told him b4 the cops gave me the ticket and he said 72 and i was sure he said 72 at first.. is there anyone can help me out maybe with a lawyer or something?? thanks

j4k3 01-03-2010 06:15 PM

Re: speeding/reckless tickets

Nope.

nftuatn 01-03-2010 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by jaila04 (Post 5979665)
alright i was on my way back home from firestone after taking pics with friends, and i was at london bridge va beach and got pulled over by a van cop. saw him from a distance but didnt get so slow down fast but i knew i was speeding i was goin 65 according to my spedometer, but when he pulled me over he said i was going 72 on 45mph. I tried explaining but it seems like i was just wasting my breathe and effort so when he went back to his vehicle i called my friend JUSTIN.... I told him what happen and how fast the cop told me i was going, cop said i was going 72mph. soo blahh blahh blahhh then came back to hand me the ticket, soo i sign it right away so i can just go home and he just told me to get my spedo checkout cuz i was trying to tell him that i just did a swap and im sure that its not accurate. but didnt listen.. and here's the boilling point!!! showed my ticket to my GF and found out that it written on the paper that i was going 78 on 45!!! WTF so i called my friend again just to make sure what i told him b4 the cops gave me the ticket and he said 72 and i was sure he said 72 at first.. is there anyone can help me out maybe with a lawyer or something?? thanks

were going to need this for evidence

marlinspike 01-03-2010 06:18 PM

At the Beach??? Get a lawyer...
If you have any money at all, this is the time to spend it.

nftuatn 01-03-2010 06:19 PM

pm smokeybear...he may be able to do something.

nftuatn 01-03-2010 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by marlinspike (Post 5979684)
At the Beach??? Get a lawyer...

exactly...78/72 in a 45...they will make an example out of you for sure...

im surprised he didnt impound the car

j4k3 01-03-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by nftuatn (Post 5979688)
pm smokeybear...he may be able to do something.

Ability, maybe.

Want.......doubt it.

nftuatn 01-03-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by j4k3 (Post 5979698)
Ability, maybe.

Want.......doubt it.

im trying to help the man.....shhhhhhhhh

rtcarlin 01-03-2010 06:25 PM

Find a Lawyer... Pretty sure you're gonna have to come out of pocket on this one, but here's a big list of lawyers at the beach that can rep you... also, get your spedo cal'd and keep the documentation... it won't get you out of the ticket, but at least it'll show you had an issue...

Oh.... and one more thing.... SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!

1slow4dr 01-03-2010 06:25 PM

damn dude sorry i dont think i can help on this one good luck wit this one