Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Smoke due to fires in Dismal Swamp

Old 06-14-2008, 07:48 AM
'08 135i & '00 S4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audiS4_apr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Smoke due to fires in Dismal Swamp

Originally Posted by Rprsntng757
I just walked outside to pee, and I could easily smell it.

The smoke or the piss?
Old 06-14-2008, 07:52 AM
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

I just came back from FL, I was wondering what the hell happened while I was away, went through the tunnel on 264, that even had smoke in it, and it stuck heavy half way to "downtown Virginia Beach" then you could just smell it. That was about 3-4am.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

There is something weird about the smoke too. I grew up out in the country and a brush fires/bonfires/leaf pile fires were just a way of life and I'm very used to the smoke caused by them, but this smoke is very irritating. Just a couple minutes exposure and my eyes were burning. Anyone else notice this?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:07 AM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

It was pretty bad Wed/Thursday night here.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:08 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by XCELR8
There is something weird about the smoke too. I grew up out in the country and a brush fires/bonfires/leaf pile fires were just a way of life and I'm very used to the smoke caused by them, but this smoke is very irritating. Just a couple minutes exposure and my eyes were burning. Anyone else notice this?
Not really, but the difference could be in the kind of vegetation that is burning.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:09 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

We've been getting smoke from the NC peat bog fires while at the OBX this week. Different fire than the Dismal Swamp fire? Luckily the wind shifted in the middle of the week so it hasn't been that bad again until today. It's really hazy here today because of that though, and smells like an old electric motor that's starting to break down.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Hell its even up here in Williamsburg too.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Just a couple minutes exposure and my eyes were burning. Anyone else notice this?
yea but not from smoke.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by BCisme
yea but not from smoke.
wut?
Old 06-14-2008, 09:02 AM
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

I dunno, I was coughing a bit, but I find that normal with any type of smoke.

Quick Reply: Smoke due to fires in Dismal Swamp