Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

rim rebuild and polish

Old 07-19-2015, 03:23 AM
GLHF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo
Default rim rebuild and polish

I'm in need of someone to take my bogarts, replace all the bolts for each wheel (25), replace valve stems, and while the wheels are apart, I want to do a good detail job on them, because they need it. Don't mind going to a shop. The wheels are bare aluminum with no clear on them. I have all the parts ordered just waiting on them to get in.

I'd also be open to doing it myself if anyone has any recommendations on how to go about it. Not my area of expertise.

Thanks for any help. Heres a picture I had on my computer of what I'm working with, If you can even tell.

Name:  riSFbdS.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  3.97 MB
Old 07-19-2015, 10:31 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM
Default Re: rim rebuild and polish

Taking a wheel apart is something I have no clue about lol

But cleaning and restoring the wheels is easy, get you some good aluminum wheel cleaner..Clean wheels, dry, and use a clay bar on the wheels to get all the oxidation off. Use a wheel buffing kit with compounds and polish the wheels in steps.
http://www.eastwood.com/ew-wheel-buf...5FRhoCnJrw_wcB

Its a real pain in the ass and time consuming, but the results will be worth it
Old 07-19-2015, 11:47 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

Originally Posted by DOOM
Taking a wheel apart is something I have no clue about lol

But cleaning and restoring the wheels is easy, get you some good aluminum wheel cleaner..Clean wheels, dry, and use a clay bar on the wheels to get all the oxidation off. Use a wheel buffing kit with compounds and polish the wheels in steps.
http://www.eastwood.com/ew-wheel-buf...5FRhoCnJrw_wcB

Its a real pain in the ass and time consuming, but the results will be worth it
Thanks. I've watch a couple videos on taking them apart and rebuilding them and it really doesn't seem THAT hard. Mainly it'll just be the time spent to do it all... Also trying to determine if I can get by without have the tires unmounted. I don't think I will thought.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels Magic Wheels

Bogart won't recommend to use any abrasive polish product on their wheels, instead they recommended a product called Autosol made in Germany. That’s exactly what I used on my Bogart wheels.