Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Private Flight Lessons

Old 12-09-2010, 06:04 PM
OV-104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis
Default Private Flight Lessons

Has anyone on here done them? I have researched the major ones in the are a bit but was wondering if there is any first hand experience. I lived in South Florida for 18 months and a guy I worked with lived in an Aero community who just so happened to be a CFI. Being friends with him I was/am halfway to my recreational license and would love to finish it so I can buy a Cessna out of college. Anyone with some knowledge?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:06 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Private Flight Lessons

the airport over off 58 used to have a sign that offered lessons...but im sure you already knew that
Old 12-09-2010, 06:09 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Yea, Curtis Eads school opererates out of there. His lesson price is high but aircraft rental is higher than I am used to seeing. 105/hour for a 152 is a bit much. They were ~70/hour in Florida, I know they are too different markets and rec flying is probably bigger down there since South Florida has Orlando commuters in the air. I just didn't expect to see that much of a difference
Old 12-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

757Motocross has disabled reputation

Check out Horizon Flight school at the Chesapeake Regional Airport. They are a certified Cessna Pilot training facility.