Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

NERD performing @ ODU Constant Center 11/20 for Homecoming!!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Luxury = Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty
Talking NERD performing @ ODU Constant Center 11/20 for Homecoming!!

Word.

Who's going?

1. Royalty + 5

Get your tickets before they sell out

A nice little article

Latta Thomas, concert chair of the Student Activities Council, said they have been interested in getting N.E.R.D. to perform at Old Dominion University for homecoming since June of 2008.
“I want good live performances, not like crummy or ‘that was decent’ performances, I want performances that people are like, ‘Well I want to go to the next show just to see how they’re going to top that,” Thomas said. “I want performers that are multi- genre, not just one performer, like we’re used to having a full concert of just hip-hop or a full show of just rock. I’m looking for anything that’s a complete mixture.”

For homecoming, with a “Lights, Camera, Action” theme Thomas said he wants a concert that will blow the student perspective away, and he said he wants to do something completely different than last year.
“I picked [N.E.R.D.] because one, they are a local group. I also thought they wouldn’t be that expensive but…,” Thomas said. Their starting offer for getting N.E.R.D. to perform was $50,000, then the band confirmed with the price of $60,000, Thomas said.
In 2002, Thomas said N.E.R.D. performed for Campus Chaos at ODU. Some performers that have performed at ODU this semester include JACKMOVE, a ska/punk band from Virginia Beach, and Howard Jennings, who is an acoustic country artist. The contrast in styles of music reflects Thomas’ taste, as well.
“I have no preference; I listen to absolutely anything and everything. My roommates complain all the time. I can go from Tupac to Flobots or opera to Italian hip-hop, Italian indie,” Thomas said. “I’m completely multicultural.”
They are still trying to get supporting acts for the show. In light of getting different genres of music, M.I.A., Flobots and Hollywood Undead were artists Thomas said he is interested in.
“I originally set for M.I.A. because we have a huge international base of students that don’t always get incorporated population wise for shows and events and stuff, and M.I.A. would have been a perfect match for international students,” Thomas said. “She spent more time on the international billboards than she did when she came here last year and did an album with Timbaland.”

“I’m looking to more influence the student body as to reach out to international students. They get around but usually with their own kind, like their own branch of students that they’re in class with, but they don’t get to actually interact with other students which is kind of unfair to them,” Thomas said.
Thomas wants a homecoming concert that won’t just get international students involved on campus but commuters as well.
“We’re a huge commuter school,” Thomas said. “Anything to get people to come out, I mean people aren’t going to be like ‘Oh that’s just going to be a hip hop show,’ we’re definitely looking for a more broad variety of students. “
As Thomas searches for performers, either for homecoming or other events, he said his job consists of a lot of e-mailing, advertising, promoting and working with agents. He said, it takes a lot of persistence when talking to agents and said it took about three months for things to go through with N.E.R.D. since they were going through manager changes.
The homecoming concert won’t be until Nov. 20, but Thomas suggested people buy their tickets early.
“I’m definitely looking to sell out,” Thomas said. “The supporting artists are still to be announced, but I guarantee you it’s going to be a great show.”
Old 10-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default Re: NERD performing @ ODU Constant Center 11/20 for Homecoming!!

sweet
Old 10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
FIGHT THE POWAH

shesdownandout has disabled reputation

Fucking Going!!!

I just have to get tickets...
Old 10-28-2008, 01:47 PM

Vision757 is an unknown quantity at this point

how much are tickets
Old 10-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

jnhalstead has a spectacular aura aboutjnhalstead has a spectacular aura aboutjnhalstead has a spectacular aura about

I'll be going the last event I was at was sick as hell and the V.I.P. status made it so much better drinking with Chad
Old 10-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

They have like 2 good songs. Ill pass.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
2-D
Formerly Suicide.

2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D

I like them. How much are tickets ******
Old 10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
TeamDickButt #9

elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757

I like the music, but I don't think I could stand to look at the audience for more than 5 secs. Biggest bunch of posers in the world.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:29 PM
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta

tickets are $15 for odu students, although i dont know how much it is if you're not a student. My guess is around $20. They only let me buy 2 (student)
Old 10-28-2008, 07:33 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

I'll be there. anyone want my other "student" ticket? save someone 5bones

Quick Reply: NERD performing @ ODU Constant Center 11/20 for Homecoming!!