Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need help with broken wheel stud

Old 05-12-2005, 10:33 AM
WRX 0-60: NOW!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MegaH_MaN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Need help with broken wheel stud

We are over at my friends house putting his wheels back on his Prelude from powdercoating. On the front right tire one of the studs snapped in half. So i was wondering how we would go about fixing this problem. Any local help that could stop by is appreciated. Give my friend a call at
-Roy

Last edited by MegaH_MaN; 03-07-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:53 AM
EF turd

DirtyEF is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need help with broken wheel stud

getting a new wheel hub is probably your best bet
Old 05-12-2005, 10:59 AM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

i had a stud break on my nx2000 before and all they did was take it out and put a new one in. I think any place that does wheels can do it.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:04 AM

well he tried putting on a diff lug nut and i messed up the thread so we cant even get the wheel on all the way, which means its stuck in the driveway...
Old 05-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

umm, you take the old wheel stud out, and go buy a new one at advanced auto for a dollar... and you put that one in
Old 05-12-2005, 12:01 PM
In need of traction

SR PWRD has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MegaH_MaN
well he tried putting on a diff lug nut and i messed up the thread so we cant even get the wheel on all the way, which means its stuck in the driveway...
Studs are fairly easy to replace roy, if ya'll still havin problems, gimme a call.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

miahmouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MegaH_MaN
We are over at my friends house putting his wheels back on his Prelude from powdercoating. On the front right tire one of the studs snapped in half. So i was wondering how we would go about fixing this problem. Any local help that could stop by is appreciated. Give my friend a call at 757-575-0868
-Roy
look behind the stud and if there's room to pound it out then do just that. I know in civic's you have to remove the whole hub assy for the fronts to change the studs.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:27 PM

we had to remove the whole hub assembly. we finally got it though, thanks for all the tips.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by miahmouse
look behind the stud and if there's room to pound it out then do just that. I know in civic's you have to remove the whole hub assy for the fronts to change the studs.
nope, you sure dont have to remove the whole assembly. i used to do them daily. if you pull the knuckle out of the bearing just to replace a stud you are R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D.

there are actually VERY few cars that you have to pull the knuckle out of the bearing to replace the studs. and obviously with extended lug studs for slicks, you do have to pull the assembly apart.

basically to replace a stud on most any car. remove the wheel, remove the caliper and caliper bracket. knock off the rotor. smack the broken stud towards the hub and knock it out of the knuckle. stick the new stud in the back, sometimes you are going to have to spin the knuckle to align the stud with an open space behind. stick the new stud in, thread on a lugnut or just regular nut, and tighten it down to pull the stud in. impact guns work best to do this.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:55 AM
Registered Member

lltwinpnoy84ll has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
nope, you sure dont have to remove the whole assembly. i used to do them daily. if you pull the knuckle out of the bearing just to replace a stud you are R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D.

there are actually VERY few cars that you have to pull the knuckle out of the bearing to replace the studs. and obviously with extended lug studs for slicks, you do have to pull the assembly apart.

basically to replace a stud on most any car. remove the wheel, remove the caliper and caliper bracket. knock off the rotor. smack the broken stud towards the hub and knock it out of the knuckle. stick the new stud in the back, sometimes you are going to have to spin the knuckle to align the stud with an open space behind. stick the new stud in, thread on a lugnut or just regular nut, and tighten it down to pull the stud in. impact guns work best to do this.
Good job

Quick Reply: Need help with broken wheel stud