Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

looking to move to Virginia Beach/Norfolk Area.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus
Default Re: looking to move to Virginia Beach/Norfolk Area.

Allahu akbar
Old 12-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

Move to Chesapeake if you want to live in close proximity to everything, but way less dense population-wise.

I've lived in this area my whole life, it's nothing special. It's not bad, but not great either.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:20 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Do make sure you know where you're going to be working. There are two tunnels connecting Portsmouth and Norfolk, and they just put tolls on them. When I moved down, they were free but people still warned me about the 45 minutes or so of traffic that it takes to get through them during rush hour, and I avoided them anyway. The tolls are in the ballpark of $1,000/year for a passage to and from every weekday and they don't do unlimited packages with a flat fee. To some people, that isn't a big deal. To others, it means the world. As far as areas:

Virginia Beach: I prefer the outer banks for beach stuff but there's some nice areas in VB too, mainly Chicks beach, which is more local as opposed to touristy like the broceanfront. I hear VB town center is nice. I don't really venture over there for any reason other than the beach though. Some of the cops are a pain in the ass, mostly because they hardly have any real problems to deal with, so they're free to harass people about exhausts and shit instead. The flipside to that is for most areas of VB, you don't see the crime that you do in a lot of the other cities. This is where you probably want to live. It's where I'd live if not for what I said in the first paragraph. Also, there's lots of very bangable chicks there.

Chesapeake: I only really know about two areas here. The greenbrier area is pretty nice. I'd live there but don't because tunnels. The Chesapeake Square / Western Branch area is so-so, and probably the best place to live if you don't want to live on the VB side of the tunnels.

Portsmouth: Fucking sucks. Unless you work there and want to live 5 minutes from work, there is absolutely no reason to live in that shithole.

Suffolk: It's a little more country and there's less going on, but real estate prices are good for what you get, and you can own a lot of land and be out away from everything if you want. The downtown is full of human trash of all colors, shapes and sizes, and just generally sucks, but the rest is decent if that's what you're looking for. I know some people who live just over the border in North Carolina, and as far as I can tell, its similar to Suffolk except farther away and the taxes are better. That's another option if you want to be out and away.

Norfolk: I don't know much about Norfolk. There's the ODU college there and a downtown area with a bunch of bars and restaurants that's pretty good as far as I know. There are also some trash ghetto areas that should be avoided. Apparently all the homos, yuppies, and hipsters live in Ghent, which seems like an okay area as far as I can tell from the small number of times I've passed through there. Lots of young people and good places to eat but Ghent's definitely got that touch of a hipster liberal area to it.

Hampton/Newport News: I also don't know a lot about this place. The city center at oyster point area is real nice with lots of good food and young people running around. A lot of the area is ghetto as fuck so I was kind of surprised to see how nice the city center was the first time I was there.

I've been here about 5 years now so I am far from knowing everything, but that should be enough to get you started.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo

Out of all my research. That was the most informative. Thankyou
Old 12-29-2015, 04:27 PM
-RepLegion

Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc

This might help-
Old 12-29-2015, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo The FriskyDingo

It's nice to know where the Walmarts are at.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:48 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

I like it here...don't know what ya'll are talking about.

But I also liked the Pacific Northwest...so that makes me special by itself.

Anything is better than Central Illinois, however I could buy 5x the house for the same price, but I would likely make 1/2 of the pay.